There was a beautiful Modernist oak lectern and communion table at the church contents sale at Wineva and Queen this morning. They were asking next to nothing, and I tried to convince them not to sell. I was half tempted to buy them and start my own religion.

So it looks like I was right.:) According to Savel Sells, (details to be announced tomorrow including plans for their 609 Sherbourne project?) hotel to be gutted with additional floors added and another wing attached--to the rear most likely.

aA is my bet.

So in a way this development is going to be very similar to Yorkville Plaza, with a full gut and a new building (most likely 40s) tucked right next to it
to the east side and fronting Wellesley.
It all stinks...and i dont like nothing about these two projects. We are losing over 600 rooms, plus two great 1970s hotel structures for a pile of condo garbage:mad:

Last edited:
^My interpretation:

theboxonbay.jpg
:p

2x50s aA towers similar to Murano around back, perhaps 5-10 floors on top of current building. Says Mark Savel.

My proposal is better.:D

Yes, yours is better! :) In regards to it being potentially two towers, does it actually mean that one tower is the existing one which will be increased to around 50 floors (from whatever number of floors it's right now) and the other tower will be the 'wing' extension? If that's the case, is the 'wing' extension a slimmer (point) tower (as I can't imagine another tower of the same bulkiness as the existing Sutton place fitting in to the site)?

It all stinks...and i dont like nothing about these two projects. We are losing over 600 rooms, plus two great 1970s hotel structures for a pile of condo garbage:mad:

Doesn't the new Four Seasons have more rooms then the older one?
Also, the Sutton Hotel hasn't really been a hotel for over a decade.
Less then half the rooms were actually hotel rooms. And all the other Sutton buildings have also been sold. Sutton as a hotel brand no longer exists.

2x50s aA towers similar to Murano around back, perhaps 5-10 floors on top of current building. Says Mark Savel.

My proposal is better.:D

No idea on the exact number floors they'll be adding, all that was said was they'd like to add a few. The two 50s in the back was reference to 501 Yonge! Hope this helps.

Doesn't the new Four Seasons have more rooms then the older one?
Also, the Sutton Hotel hasn't really been a hotel for over a decade.
Less then half the rooms were actually hotel rooms. And all the other Sutton buildings have also been sold. Sutton as a hotel brand no longer exists.

Old Four Seasons had 380 rooms and the new Four Seasons has 253-rooms.

Back