MPP_2057.jpg

No Pus,.. err, Pusateri's for you tonight dear,.... they literally closed and emptied the Bayview Village store overnight,...

8/16/2024: "Pusateri’s closes Bayview Village store, scraps Little Italy location amid ‘financial pressure’"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto grocer consolidates its operations into its flagship Avenue Road location

Upscale Toronto grocer Pusateri’s has closed the doors to its Bayview Village location and scrapped plans to open a new store in Little Italy.

A representative for the company tells Canadian Grocer the decision is in response to “ongoing financial pressure impacting business operations and higher, unsustainable operational costs.”

Pusateri’s has consolidated its operations, including catering, into its flagship Avenue Road location.

The grocer says the decision will “preserve value, maintain [its] premium service, and ensure the long-term success and sustainability of [the] brand.”

“While these are very difficult decisions for our company, we are confident these restructurings are the necessary steps to ensure the long-term success and sustainability of our brand. Pusateri’s Eaton Center will also remain open in a limited capacity as a food service-only operation,” the representative said.

The news follows the closure of Pusateri's Yorkville store in February, which the company attributed to the "changing retail landscape."

The Little Italy store at 899 College Street was first slated to open in summer 2023, but was pushed to this year.

For anyone local,... could you post photos of Pusateri's store construction progress at this site?

From City Building Permit Status: Building Addition/Alterations & Plumbing permits were issued May 2023 and now has status "closed",... this past April they got 2 sign permits. So by now, they should be done or very close,.... what's going on???

Given Pusateri's going bankrupt today, seems like this store has a very high chance of never opening. Who knows, maybe the restructuring finds the best path forward is to open a luxury grocery store in a middle class neighbourhood, but I doubt it.

Also strangely, as part of today's news, I've seen multiple media outlets announce this store is closing, when it has never actually opened in the first place 😅

Given Pusateri's going bankrupt today, seems like this store has a very high chance of never opening. Who knows, maybe the restructuring finds the best path forward is to open a luxury grocery store in a middle class neighbourhood, but I doubt it.

Also strangely, as part of today's news, I've seen multiple media outlets announce this store is closing, when it has never actually opened in the first place 😅

Locals here will be spared from Pusateri's price gouging and overpricing of mediocre fare!

Back