The Sobey's currently on site here is expected to close permanently on October 7, 2021:

Lol at BlogTO finding some random tweets from people who don't realise Farm Boy is actually very cheap for specific things like fresh produce (although they can be pricey for anything packaged), and just prefer to whine on the internet.

New Park at 840 Dupont Street

A new park is coming to 840 Dupont St Opens in new window.! The City will be engaging the community to help determine the park design.

Project Timeline

• Summer 2021: Hire a design team
  • Early Winter to Spring 2022: Community engagement
  • Spring to Late Winter 2022: Detailed design
The timeline is subject to change.

As part of a new mixed-use condominium development at 840 Dupont St., there will be a new 700m2 public park. The City is working with the developer on the design of the new park and the developer will be leading the construction and preparing a concept design for community feedback. The new park may include:

• A small playground
  • A seating area
  • Walking path
  • New plantings
The park design concept is being developed in consultation with the community.

The shuttered Sobeys store:

20211113_154354.jpg

It appears this site is being sold by Tridel. I saw an advertisement in today's Globe and Mail for it. How unusual is that for Tridel?

It appears this site is being sold by Tridel. I saw an advertisement in today's Globe and Mail for it. How unusual is that for Tridel?

As of this moment, the Dupont is still listed on Tridel's portfolio as a project of theirs:

Perhaps could the ad be this one here where it appears to be the commercial component being sold for $ 25 million?

840dup.JPG
840dup2.JPG

My Bad. The $ 25,000, 000 price tag got me jumping to the wrong conclusion. Actually the ad says 33,000 sf, so now the price makes more sense for the retail component only. Great! Tridel usually comes up with better than average product so I'm glad they will be proceeding with this project.

New Park at 840 Dupont St

The City of Toronto invites you to learn more about a new 700m² public park being created as part of a residential development at 840 Dupont Street.

The new park will be located on Dupont Street, east of Ossington Avenue, and may include a playground or fitness station, seating areas, and walking path.

Join us at a community workshop to learn about the new proposed design and participate in small group discussions. You can also share your thoughts ahead of the meeting in an online survey.

Workshop Details
May 16, 2022 | 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Join online at toronto.ca/840DupontPark
To join by phone, call: 416-915-6530
Meeting ID: 2454 104 9920

Survey Details
Opens: Friday, May 6, 2022
Closes: Friday, May 27, 2022
Survey link: toronto.ca/840DupontPark

Contact
For more project information, or if you require accessibility accommodations in order to
participate, please contact:
Leigh Lichtenberg, Project Coordinator and Landscape Architect
Telephone: 437-235-7022
Email: Leigh.Lichtenberg@toronto.ca

View the Community Engagement eFlyer here.

Back