The way the building is angled in comparison to the other buildings makes the street so much more dynamic.

from today
20110305011.jpg

Now I'm really hoping it will turn out great because it's in a position to provide one helluva vista down Davenport Road. I always thought of this as a sort of background project on the edge of an area with so many exciting projects. But now I see that this one might also be very significant.

For now, I'll try to forget the extremely boring view terminus that is Vu on Adelaide Street (also by Hariri Pontarini) and hope for the best.

Last edited:
For now, I'll try to forget the extremely boring view terminus that is Vu on Adelaide Street (also by Hariri Pontarini) and hope for the best.

God, don't remind me. One of Toronto's greatest fumbles in our recent history of fumbles.

I doubt the side view of The Florian will be any sort of iconic view terminus for Davenport... having said that I love the overall view in the pic above, looking SE on Davenport! We've got a really nice collage of tall towers loomig over the heritage lowrise stuff in the foreground.

I'm not crazy about the colour of the window frames, it looks like something you'd see on an office building. Would've liked to see more contrast between the frames and the brick.

florianm24.jpg

I think silver framse would have looked great here

Hmmm....I hate saying this but my fears came true....the fear that something mediocre (which in this case would be the color of the glass and frames) would happen...why did i fear this? Because everything else about the building so far was nice and therefore, the 'Toronto' effect of mediocrity would have had to show up somewhere, somehow...in this case, in my eyes, they're the color of the glass and the frames.... :(

Back