I can't believe the prices they're charging for resale units in the building. I have old condo life magazines so I know what preconstruction prices look like, it was not a luxury building when they were selling it 5 years ago.

I live in the area and - very briefly - considered looking into units there.

They've demolished the old bakery etc at St clair and Raglan for phase 2, pushing dirt around though haven't really started excavation, and the alley behind is blocked off to cars. 530 appears to be underway.

(also, the little office building just north of phase 1 on Bathurst is for sale as well, the parking lot beside that is where the construction offices are located. I wonder if there's a potential phase 3 there?)

Last edited:
buyer

Just wanted to update everyone on what I've seen on the progress of the 530. I drive by the spot usually every morning so I've seen some progress so far. At first they were digging back in September and into October after demoing (sp) the buildings that were there earlier in the summer. Moving dirt here and there with a back hoe but then a pile driver showed up which from what I could tell was reinforcing the ground with large I beams - I'm guessing in preparation for building the foundation in the Spring. As well I've seen concrete mixers pouring. It seems they are well under way from what I can tell.

I've been told that things will be quicker than other buildings since they have the permits and the water/hydro all set up already from the 500.

They've now placed plywood over the fence so you can't tell what's happening, but it doesn't look like there is much more going on. I'm guessing that they'll wait till Spring and start on the foundation.

Anyone know anything else on sales or how the building is progressing? They must have had over 80% sold in order to start building.

All I know is that friends who have bought in phase 2 were told there will be a phase 3 to the north - on the site of the old office building.

I heard that 530 will be cap at grade level until the owner decieds what he is going to do with the lost of the rental unites for this project. He has a choices of moving the rental unites to 735 St Clair west that is a hole in the ground or place some unites in this building. Then it could be in Phase 3.

April 03
5588080886_702f247c97_b.jpg

5588079812_7a802db552_b.jpg

5588078612_f1f9e2ce88_b.jpg

Just passed by last night on the streetcar and I was surprised to see a crane set up now! I didn't think that would happen for a little while. Exciting to see some progress.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures,drum 118. Yes, it is really exciting. I hope to visit the site monthly.

Drum 118,
You mentioned once that 530 St. Clair would be stalled at grade level till the developer has assigned some rental units at Rushston,(the new condo down a few blocks to the west )?? Has the issue been resloved ?

Drum 118,
You mentioned once that 530 St. Clair would be stalled at grade level till the developer has assigned some rental units at Rushston,(the new condo down a few blocks to the west )?? Has the issue been resloved ?

I was talking to Joe about a month ago and he said there were some changes, but everything was ago for both projects. As to what the changes are, I don't know. I know grade is retail with office space on the 2nd floor and a few extra unites for the Rushston building.

Since there is a third tower in the background, next to 500 on Bathurst, some of the changes could be there.

Back