AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

2930 FINCH AVE E

Rezoning application to permit a mixed-use building complex consisting of a 16-storey tower, a 28-storey tower, and a 10-storeys mid-rise, all connected by a 7-storey base building. The proposal results in a GFA of 63,123 sq. m., a total residential unit count of 748, and a 4,594 sq.m. of non-residential GFA. A 2-level underground parking garage and surface parking is proposed to provide for 594 vehicular parking spaces.

2930fin3.JPG
2930fin2.JPG
2930fin.JPG

2930 FINCH AVE E

Rezoning application to permit a mixed-use building complex consisting of a 16-storey tower, a 28-storey tower, and a 10-storeys mid-rise, all connected by a 7-storey base building. The proposal results in a GFA of 63,123 sq. m., a total residential unit count of 748, and a 4,594 sq.m. of non-residential GFA. A 2-level underground parking garage and surface parking is proposed to provide for 594 vehicular parking spaces.

View attachment 534729View attachment 534730View attachment 534731

I've had the files for this open since 8:30, but between work and having to beat @DSC at posting stuff from the Executive Ctte agenda I hadn't gotten there yet.

One for you! 🤣

So let me add some details now.

This is the site of a strip plaza on Finch, just east of Victoria Park Avenue. The proposal excludes the gas station on the corner (it shouldn't).

The entire site is wrapped to the north and north-east by the TCHC community of Chester Le; a community listed as a Revitalization candidate.

For that reason, @HousingNowTO may wish to take note.

That project has been on the backburner.

But this project should be designed in a manner compatible with any plans for Chester Le.

On that front, there is good news, that a N-S street is contemplated at the east end of this site, one which could link into the road system of Chester Le at a later date.

Site as it is today:

1706032649731.png

Site Plan:

1706031985065.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1706032130801.png

1706032029289.png

1706032064763.png

Elevator Ratio {total across site) is 9 elevators to 748 units or 1.2 elevators per 100 units

Parking Ratio is 0.74 (resident parking only) Seems a bit high, even for this location not close to rapid transit.

Comments: I have no love to lose for this plaza, and no objection to the heights, but I dislike the presence of surface parking in the proposal, there is also inadequate parking to support a supermarket, which I think would a very valuable addition to this area. Currently residents have to hoof it over to the supermarkets at Bridletown, which is more than 1km away.

The proposal needs more attention to its future compability with the Chester Le community and the Gas Station site.

The park should be positioned for expansion when Chester Le redevelops. Consideration must be given a new E-W public street across the community that meets Victoria Park (entirely within Chester Le's lands, but with an eye to how that will impact future park expansion.

There's also a need to replace some of that office space for community purposes such as doctors.

Last edited:

Back