The TTC entrance would be for residential units only? Or accessible from the street level? Having trouble visualizing it.

This project has been off the radar until Ben's Beer Blog posted that Bar Volo will close after 28 years, by the end of September, and that the 44-storey tower (with 528 residential units and 232 parking spaces) was approved last month.

Bar Volo will be missed. And I lament that new streetfront retail in condos is - with some notable exceptions - incredibly boring and generic. Bar Volo will likely be replaced by a chain pub if any drinking establishment opens here. Yonge Street maybe be tacky, but it's at least interesting, and it's somewhere you can find a place like Bar Volo.

You will be happy to know that Bar Volo has signed a lease for a new space in the neighbourhood with a great patio on Church Street at Dundonald in the space that was formally House/Maison. I believe they are opening sometime in early 2017. Story here...........

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2016/08/bar_volo_re-opening_in_historic_mansion_on_church_st/

The TTC entrance would be for residential units only? Or accessible from the street level? Having trouble visualizing it.
It's for all: there will be a street entrance. I just don't know why: there's already going to be an entrance on the south side of Dundonald, so big deal.

Not much left open now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,363
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,367
I hope you're right about that.
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, in the form of endless walls of glass retail, nail salons, banks and a subway sandwich shop on every corner! One day, we might think of old Yonge Street as charming & animated, compared to what seems to be coming!

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, in the form of endless walls of glass retail, nail salons, banks and a subway sandwich shop on every corner! One day, we might think of old Yonge Street as charming & animated, compared to what seems to be coming!

That's what this stretch of Yonge already is, just in uglier buildings. I see no reason to prejudge the quality of retail we will get here. Also, this stretch has many protected buildings that will be incorporated in new developments, so it won't be all glass.

Back