Huh? Why in the world would Oxford proceed with this? Do they have some sort of mega-tenant behind it?

Just shocking to see such a large scale project proceed in this market. Anyone know anything more here? Did the rumored Amazon lease finally land? Or is this Oxford just checking boxes to finalize the site plan in case they do land a tenant in some miracle?
Or maybe they are changing the use to residential? 🤪

I apologize for the emoticon. It just comes out! (under-privileged childhood.)

I did try to copy/paste the item but to no avail. I just meant that any movement on this project is likely to contain a shuffling of uses.

I think this has to do more with accommodating a lay-by (or multiple) for Harbour 60 valet rather than redevelopment of the site.

There a ton of permits filed for 60 Harbour and issued between 2022 and 2024 for renos/alterations to accommodate the restaurant

I haven't seen any new apps or docs submitted for the office building since 2022. And I doubt they would be finalizing site plan without a committed tenant and a clear plan to build and move forward

Residential rentals would make sense for Oxford here... but that is a big pivot play. And I believe Oxford development arm is a bit pencils down at the moment? Maybe @ProjectEnd has a better idea...

I think this has to do more with accommodating a lay-by (or multiple) for Harbour 60 valet rather than redevelopment of the site.

There a ton of permits filed for 60 Harbour and issued between 2022 and 2024 for renos/alterations to accommodate the restaurant

I haven't seen any new apps or docs submitted for the office building since 2022. And I doubt they would be finalizing site plan without a committed tenant and a clear plan to build and move forward

Residential rentals would make sense for Oxford here... but that is a big pivot play. And I believe Oxford development arm is a bit pencils down at the moment? Maybe @ProjectEnd has a better idea...
Certainly not 'pencils down', but not focused on this project at the moment. More to come later this summer...

Never thought I'd see this thread being bumped in my lifetime, outside of any new info inquiries. Something must of been put in the water, goodness... 🙀

If there was any project that I thought would never see the light of day, it was this one. The Harbour Commission Building has been lonely for a long time...be it residential or office, here's hoping it gets its 'soul mate' someday soon!

Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about, but just reading the link, that what it seemed like to me.

Some random city report implying construction (has already started) and urbantoronto explodes.

I have confirmed that Ellis Don was retained as builder for this; but that retention is not recent, so unto itself, is not indicative of movement.

Well there you go. All this hype for nothing. Makes sense. Nobody is building 800ft+ office towers in this environment.

Something might be up here....https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2024.TE14.46

Harbour 60, the restaurant, is expanding to 4 floors for events, and the 5th floor for offices. The entire structure is being brought up to modern code

Back