Oddly I kind of like the grapefruit, but the brick component of the podium is too stubby. It's overall too glassy, especially for this neighborhood.

If the brick component was 8-10 floors high , it'd be more palatable.

IMG_6442.jpeg

I like this building on the Square. Brings much needed modern fresh edge & light to area, w frontal landscape arch. to come. One of my favorite buildings in city is right across the road. That good looking limestone (LCBO) w clock tower needs to be more than an outpost for selling beer & retail. Another big city w’d have developed this area 10 yrs ago. Toronto is full of great city things, just vision-less, unambitious leadership at city & provincial level.

I like this building on the Square. Brings much needed modern fresh edge & light to area, w frontal landscape arch. to come. One of my favorite buildings in city is right across the road. That good looking limestone (LCBO) w clock tower needs to be more than an outpost for selling beer & retail. Another big city w’d have developed this area 10 yrs ago. Toronto is full of great city things, just vision-less, unambitious leadership at city & provincial level.
Agree. I wish more buildings had their own style too.

Back