AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Twin mid-rise buildings for the SW and NW corner of Laird Drive & Stickney Ave. There's currently a car dealership on both of these corners.

1592345451313.png

1592345467927.png

1592345488889.png

Currently on site:

1592345618560.png

1592345639584.png

With the Crosstown station opening up on the horizon, it certainly does open up for a lot of potential along Laird. With the big project on the SE corner of Laird & Eg of course, along with the retirement development just north of this site here, there's tons of other sites that would be also ripe for intensification between Eglinton and Millwood.

With the Crosstown station opening up on the horizon, it certainly does open up for a lot of potential along Laird. With the big project on the SE corner of Laird & Eg of course, along with the retirement development just north of this site here, there's tons of other sites that would be also ripe for intensification between Eglinton and Millwood.
There is a lot more to come, I am sure. :)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Laird and Eglinton pop up as a medium high-density nod.

There is a lot more to come, I am sure. :)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Laird and Eglinton pop up as a medium high-density nod.

The future RioCan project and the Upper East Village Condos will definitely get the area off to a big start. I wouldn't be surprised if the corners at the north side along Eglinton start getting carved up and assembled as well, if not already. And then all along Laird of course, there's good potential.

126 LAIRD DR
Ward 15 - North York District

Development Applications

Site Plan application to permit an 8 storey building. The proposed development consists of a total 143 residential dwelling units (10,245.6 square metres of residential GFA), including three live-work units and 104.7 square metres of excess indoor amenity space resulting in a total GFA of 10, 350.3 square metres and an overall density of 4.21 times the area of the lot. Vehicular and bicycle parking is proposed within two levels of underground parking; a total of 76 vehicular spaces and 146 bicycle spaces are proposed.

---------------------------------------------------------
134 LAIRD DR
Ward 15 - North York District

Development Applications

Site Plan application to permit a 8-storey building. The proposed development consists of a total 106 residential dwelling units (7,901.4 square metres of residential GFA), including two live-work units and 74 square metres of excess indoor amenity space resulting in a total GFA of 7,975.4 square metres and an overall density of 4.13 times the area of the lot. Vehicular and bicycle parking is proposed within two levels of underground parking; a total of 54 vehicular spaces and 112 bicycle spaces are proposed.

Walking through this stretch, this is a particularly barren stretch of Laird where the wind blows strong and the sun shines bright on a hot summer day, and you very much feel like you are in a car-dominated environment.

This project will have a big positive impact on the urban fabric and in making Laird Drive more pedestrian friendly. I'm happy to see that both sites are seemingly being developed simultaneously rather than in phases.

This is pretty lacklustre, but it could be worse. My main issue is the building form, and the loss of the old building on the site. Retail should be mandatory IMO...at least some.

Docs are up.

126 Laird:

134 Laird:

Definitely a net positive. A little obese from street level perspective with about a 140 meter stretch of the same facade. All in all though it would be a good addition to the neighbourhood. A little more permeability and a greater mix of uses on the ground floor would take it to the next level.

Back