Wow... still no updates on this eh? Is this like super delayed now...

How long does it typically take to build a building of this size?

Last edited:
Just in case anyone was wondering... I went by the site and well I would post a pic but well... there is no activity...

This project is actually Harhay's, Lamb is only the broker.... I think Harhay is currently working on Parc for lamb developments.... from the building permits on toronto.ca it looks like the permits are still pending.

I wonder if its a zoning issue. I noticed there's a Facebook group that's against the development (although no activity in 2010). I found some documents online from various City meetings, where our address is cited as industrial, not residential. According to the docs, if the developer makes about 300K in donations to improve various area parks and rec centres, the city will approve the development.
Anyways, I don't know what's going on for sure - has anyone just called Harhay and asked for an update?

Well the permits aren't issued so I guess it could be any number of problems including zoning. I have only asked the new Brad Lamb sales rep but he doesn't have many answers. I am still worried about the re-design of the unit below mine and why I haven't heard about changes in my floor plan as a result of the move with the stair case. I emailed info@hcml.ca as per their website and it just bounces back. I wonder if they are too busy with the tower they are trying to develop on king..

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/...ts-prominent-architect-against-city-hall.aspx

Last edited:
I'm getting very concerned about this project. The permit applications no longer appear on the City of Toronto website (due to 6 months of inactivity?) and the inspection of the demolition still hasn't been scheduled. I hope Harhay lets the buyers know what is happening soon!

You can change the date range of the search and it pulls it the rest of the refusal notices. Yeah not sure whats going on... I assume they have the financing and the the hold up is with the city. Not sure who to contact. I was just thinking that this is normal delays for pre-construction. This is my first one. Is this not normal?

I wonder if its a zoning issue. I noticed there's a Facebook group that's against the development (although no activity in 2010). I found some documents online from various City meetings, where our address is cited as industrial, not residential. According to the docs, if the developer makes about 300K in donations to improve various area parks and rec centres, the city will approve the development.
Anyways, I don't know what's going on for sure - has anyone just called Harhay and asked for an update?

I can speak to this from personal knowledge. Financing for the site is nearly complete. Construction will likely really begin in the next 30-60 days. i see no issues in getting occupancy by Spring 2012. there is no zoning , presale or other issues. permits usually dont get issued until construction starts as its costly to the developer. doesn't mean they arent "available" for pickup/purchase.

I'm getting very concerned about this project. The permit applications no longer appear on the City of Toronto website (due to 6 months of inactivity?) and the inspection of the demolition still hasn't been scheduled. I hope Harhay lets the buyers know what is happening soon!

dont be concerned at all.

permits usually dont get issued until construction starts as its costly to the developer. doesn't mean they arent "available" for pickup/purchase.

What do you mean by this? Permits MUST be issued PRIOR to start of construction, and the cost is the same, regardless.

Back