Nah, your updates are still fantastic. There's a lot happening at your eye level and that will continue until the cladding reaches you.
Besides, Mr. Benito will be able to post what his new neighbours are eating for dinner here in a couple of years or so... 😼

Thank you to the editors for the mention in your article about The One. I have enjoyed posting the photos since construction started. I think my photos are now much less interesting since I can no longer show what is happening up top. Fortunately there are other contributors who have higher vantage points who are now also posting.
Benny
Some good high level cladding install photo work would certainly be appreciated...

One technical closeup shot (working in the lowest overhang section with the cabling which may have something to do with the lighting?) And three big picture shots.

02C2D3D0-AAAE-4CA5-8838-749B00ABF7DD.jpeg

9162B6BA-44EF-455C-A8F0-2AB396140003.jpeg

58298D51-673A-480D-8F3A-C6FEC2099CF8.jpeg

0EF1DDE0-ABE8-4431-B32C-ACF5B893FF55.jpeg

Here are some shots taken today, Tuesday (July 25). A crew was adding one of the last pieces of "ceiling" cladding on the first level, with the north face now entirely cladded. Activity on the RCS as it seems they are now starting to install cladding behind the black scaffolds, if what a few of the workers there told me is accurate. Added over the last few days are some small scaffolds on top of the truss sections by the super-columns, and the working platform has now been added, flush to the side of the tower, on the north RCS, as can be seen in the underside view. Finally, a shot of two workers on a scaffold on the east side, testing it, as they prepare to do water tests on the exteriors - Friday, I was told.

UTIMG_6583.jpg
UTIMG_6730.jpg
UTIMG_6781.jpg
UTIMG_6802a.jpg
UTIMG_6677.jpg
UTIMG_6823.jpg
UTIMG_6816.jpg
UTIMG_6771.jpg

Last edited:
It feels like they are moving along super fast with regard to finishing-type touches on the base.

Does anyone have an idea if this is because they intend to open the base before the tower is finished topping out?
Is that even possible?

It feels like they are moving along super fast with regard to finishing-type touches on the base.

Does anyone have an idea if this is because they intend to open the base before the tower is finished topping out?
Is that even possible?
I think it's entirely possible for residents to move in while the building is still adding floors...so yes. The deciding issue though is whether that's safe.

How do the elevators work in that scenario?
All depends what kind of elevators are used in this project. If it is a full traction elevator, there could be beams set up in the hoist way at different points to create interchangeable levels to allow elevators to be installed and operate while building construction is still underway and then final gear system is installed on buildings completion to make elevators fully functional for the entire building

Back