IMG_6166.jpeg
IMG_6167.jpeg
IMG_6168.jpeg
IMG_6169.jpeg
IMG_6170.jpeg
IMG_6171.jpeg
IMG_6172.jpeg
IMG_6173.jpeg

after seeing pics of all these workers on beams and cranes tethered, i'm curious if anyone actually slips and dangles? I know obviously if a worker unfortunately fell untethered, it would be all over the news. But i assume if they just slip and they dangle and get pulled back up, that wouldn't be on the news and nobody would hear about it. does that ever happen?
Yeah they wear fall protection harnesses. But you need to fit it tight to the insides of your thighs, otherwise your plums get squashed when you fall. Also you only have about 10-15 minutes to be winched up before you start getting tissue damage from the blood flow being cut off.

I've seen one fall in many, many years. And yes, two of us grabbed him and got him up enough that he could get a hold of something and pull himself up.

Most harnesses have built in foot straps now so that you can lift your feet and extend how long you can dangle.

Theoretically, any worker who is in a position to require fall arrest also needs to have a rescue plan in place for how they are to get back up should they fall. Hit and miss how many companies actually have anything pre-planned

This is the 36th floor and so the next two floors will compromise the second mechanical section. Given the fair weather and that they have optimised their process, it should take less time than the last mechanical section.
My unit is on 40 so two floors above mechanical. My guess is it will be poured end of September. Anybody have thoughts on when I should plan occupancy for a 40th floor unit?

Back