I also heard some noise that its full steam ahead and this won't stop construction until the building is complete. Totally complete! Anybody that can confirm this info??
I mean, it might be the last floor poured when it reaches 91 stories though... 😼

Today.
IMG_6580.jpeg
IMG_6581.jpeg
IMG_6582.jpeg
IMG_6583.jpeg
IMG_6584.jpeg
IMG_6585.jpeg
IMG_6586.jpeg
IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6588.jpeg
IMG_6589.jpeg

August 30, 2023

The crane is just visible between 1BE and Uptown, but otherwise The One is hidden from Woodbine/Danforth. Eventually it will poke up behind 1BE and I will see it on my morning trips. Nonetheless, I love this view of the Yorkville skyline at almost the highest elevation point on Danforth.

IMG_8641.jpeg

I’ve been hearing some noise that this could be the last floor poured for a while. A long while! Anybody that can confirm this info??

I haven't heard that, but I have heard a different trade on site is having trouble and may be replaced. But other than a bit of a hiccup when the changeover happens that shouldn't have an impact on progress.

This thing is probably so heavily bonded that it'd be almost impossible not to build at this point. Even at a loss I think it has to go up.

It's always been my suspicion that *some want to get their schadenfreude in on Mizrahi if this project fails....regardless of the consequences if something like that ever happens to all parties involved. Or whether there are more dubious developers out there documented on these forums that should have that reckoning coming to them. It's real sad state of haters gonna hate, I'd say...

The good news it's looking more like that the ship of getting The One built has long since sailed...so I can least say to said detractors, see you you guys when this thing gets topped out! The champagne bottle will be there ready to pop when it does. <3

*Note: I am not just including the vocal opponents who have posted here about this over the years.

Back