Meta/Off-Topically/Probably-none-of-my-business/@interchange42 : Since Mr. jackattack contributed both pics and the respective article to this publication (as well as a month's worth 20 years UT reminiscing recently), should be he be considered as Administrator as opposed to Active Member?

1698966432282.png

Meta/Off-Topically/Probably-none-of-my-business/@interchange42 : Since Mr. jackattack contributed both pics and the respective article to this publication (as well as a month's worth 20 years UT reminiscing recently), should be he be considered as Administrator as opposed to Active Member?
@jackattack, like a number of other people who write for UT, are freelancing as opposed to being full-time with us!

@jackattack, like a number of other people who write for UT, are freelancing as opposed to being full-time with us!

Oh okays, so there isn't really a title for that contribution arrangement yet. Feels there needs to be something more distinguished, IMO. But thanks for explaining that though! /bows

Photos taken today, Friday (Nov. 3). Since my post last Friday, the crane has been raised a few segments, all the blue forms have moved up one level - to the 42nd floor? - and the north Rail Climbing System (RCS) has joined the east RCS, raised to install the glass and cladding for the 11th floor.

Starting with my Flickr "time-lapse" album update, views of the south crane side, some crane work, and views from by Holt Renfrew on Bloor, then from Cumberland east of Bay. The second mechanical levels now more visible. Finally some shots showing the complete 10 floors of cladding on the east and north faces, one from the old entrance to The Bay on Bloor, and finally to the west from Bloor and Bedford.

UTIMG_0528.jpg
UTIMG_0486.jpg
UTIMG_0582.jpg
UTIMG_0612.jpg
UTIMG_0663.jpg
UTIMG_0679.jpg
UTIMG_0702.jpg
UTIMG_0807.jpg
UTIMG_0778.jpg
UTIMG_0822 copy.jpg
UTIMG_0862.jpg

Photos taken today, Friday (Nov. 3). Since my post last Friday, the crane has been raised a few segments, all the blue forms have moved up one level - to the 42nd floor? - and the north Rail Climbing System (RCS) has joined the east RCS, raised to install the glass and cladding for the 11th floor.

Starting with my Flickr "time-lapse" album update, views of the south crane side, some crane work, and views from by Holt Renfrew on Bloor, then from Cumberland east of Bay. The second mechanical levels now more visible. Finally some shots showing the complete 10 floors of cladding on the east and north faces, one from the old entrance to The Bay on Bloor, and finally to the west from Bloor and Bedford.

View attachment 517637View attachment 517627View attachment 517636View attachment 517635View attachment 517634View attachment 517633View attachment 517632View attachment 517630View attachment 517631View attachment 517629View attachment 517628
I look forward to these every week.
Many thanks!

I just finished reading the front-page story on the site tour and this part jumped out at me:

"Mizrahi walked us through the ground floor retail space, outlining a number of highly specific and complex structural components that were designed multiple years ago and installed specifically at the request of the retailer who will no longer be occupying the space"

So, it looks like Apple will not be the anchor tenant which is sad on many levels. There is no doubt that the requirement by Apple to have a column-free high-ceiling "ICONIC" retail space at the corner of Yonge and Bloor resulted in the extremely costly design that massively increased the cost of construction and compromised the attractiveness of the residential portion of the tower by requiring owners of condo's costing upwards of $20 million to take an extra elevator ride up to a sky lobby before reaching their condo. I don't believe that the Penthouse has its own elevator. And now we learn that Apple has abandoned the project!

If not for the requirements of Apple this tower would have been topped out years ago! What retailer will now occupy the ground floor custom-designed for Apple? The only retailer that I can think of occupying the ground floor is Tesla. Let's hope this happens!

Overall, I was very glad to see that the project is proceeding full steam ahead and that Mizrahi is still involved. Sam has worked so hard to bring this project to its current state of completion and I hope he can reap the rewards when this tower tops out!

Back