From really, really far away with a phone camera. Kipling avenue bridge over the GO and Line 2. :)

1000097886.jpg

Just a note to the MOD's, the title of this thread still has " Mizrahi Developments" listed at the developer. Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet so I just thought I would throw it out there.

Just a note to the MOD's, the title of this thread still has " Mizrahi Developments" listed at the developer. Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet so I just thought I would throw it out there.

So the thing is that mizrahi is still the developer as the building has not been sold sky grid is the GC on the project and the receiver kept Sam as the developer until the building is sold

So the thing is that mizrahi is still the developer as the building has not been sold sky grid is the GC on the project and the receiver kept Sam as the developer until the building is sold

My bad. I thought that was what happened originally, but I thought I read something about Sam being completely out. My spidey senses were telling me UT wouldn't over look something that..lol.

My bad. I thought that was what happened originally, but I thought I read something about Sam being completely out. My spidey senses were telling me UT wouldn't over look something that..lol.
There is no easy way out for Sam on this job.........staying as the developer could be a "burden"....

There is no easy way out for Sam on this job.........staying as the developer could be a "burden"....
As far as I am aware, he is no longer in the driver's seat...so it's really pointless to talk about him or worry about that, IMO..

Photos taken today, Friday (Aug. 23), with the exception of one taken yesterday. Lots of movement since I posted a week ago. The top blue scaffolds have all moved up one level, now to level 66 or 67. A milestone was achieved once level 66 was reached, at least according to the plan that I have. At 226 metres, the tower now exceeds the height of the TD Bank Tower, the ground-breaking first tower of the Toronto-Dominion Centre, opened in 1967. The TD Tower, designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's firm, is a spectalar example of International Style architecture and broke the height record for a Toronto building that had been held by Commerce Court North since 1931. The list of subsequent record-holders is quite short, with Commerce Court North surpassing the TD tower in 1972 at 239 metres, then First Canadian Place taking the title in 1975, at 298 metres, the current record-holder. Maybe I'll post a shot I took of it under construction some day...

Also, movement on the corner forms below, as the floors of the third mechanical level corners, level 57, have been completed and scaffolds are partly in place for the next corner level above the mechanic level - floor 59. With the blue scaffolding on top showing the super-columns at level 64, once raised another level, the attachment points for the next set of hangers will be exposed, to be attached to that level 59 floor once poured. Further down, the Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) installing the cladding and windows show movement since last week, the east RCS now almost above the second mechanical level at level 39. The floors at the mechanical levels are not spaced the same so the RCS is not yet quite flush with level 39, the first floor above that mechanical level. The north RCS is at 37, the ground floor of the mechanical level, where it was last week, and the west RCS has now also cleared the 2nd mega-section - the floors between the 1st and 2nd mechanical level - to join the north RCS at level 37, as we see more of the notched tower emerge.

My usual pile of photos, starting with the latest "time-lapse" Flickr album addition. Followed by the photo I took yesterday from Broadview Avenue overlooking Riverdale Park, with St. James Town in the foreground, the tower partly visible behind 1 Bloor E. Then, today's photos, from Yonge Street to the south near Alexander, then closer to Charles, with details of the second mechanical level, the view from directly across Yonge Street, then from in front of Holt Renfrew on Bloor to the west, and three shots from Cumberland, east of Bay. From Bloor east of Yonge, a view of the two now-visible "mega sections," as I call them, as well as a shot of the third mechanical section emerging from under the east RCS. Finally, shots from Bloor and Bedford and from Devonshire as 1 Bloor W gets closer to the height of 1 Bloor E!

UTIMG_8253.jpg
UTIMG_7554.jpg
UTIMG_8430.jpg
UTIMG_8320.jpg
UTIMG_8355.jpg
UTIMG_8290.jpg
UTIMG_7991.jpg
UTIMG_8040.jpg
UTIMG_8113.jpg
UTIMG_8090.jpg
UTIMG_8208.jpg
UTIMG_8150.jpg