My latest set of weekly shots, taken today, Friday (Oct. 18). Just about everything but the crane has gone up a level since last week. At the top, the blue forms have moved up and the core looks like it might be at level 75, which is even with 1BE more or less... I've heard nothing definitive on this, but no doubt in a week or two it will visibly have surpassed its neighbour as it approaches the 4th mechanical level. For sure, we have seen level 71 partly emerge under the forms as the attachment points for the next set of hangers have emerged, and they are at the top of level 70. Lower down, I misspoke in previous weeks as the corners are poured. The corner blue forms are parked at the 2nd mechanical level until three or four corner floors are done before they are raised. This week the first corner form, on the SE corner, has been raised as the corners for level 61 - 62? - are completed. Further down, the black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) have all moved up as the skin of the building is installed and revealed one floor at a time. As usual, we see the highest installation on the south face, where glass is in place on level 44. The east RCS is at that level now, up one from last week, as are the north and west RCSs, both up to level 43. So the skin for the tower is now roughly half-installed. The mini-RCS on the south side is also up, to level 41. And.... the external elevator is up to level 66.

A full slate of 15 shots. No longer starting with the usual "time-lapse" Flickr album update shot (though the shot will be still be here), as it is increasingly difficult to see the weekly progress in that image, as it disappears into the top.... So views from the south start off, first from Dundas where it looks like 1BW is almost taller than 1BE... Then from Dundonald and Yonge, a series from closer to Charles, showing the highest installed glass and rise of the top, nice light-play, etc. Then the view from by Holt Renfrew on Bloor west of Yonge, two shots from Cumberland east of Bay, then several from Yonge and Bloor, at the NE corner and slightly to the east. Finally, from the west, Bloor at Bedford, then down Devonshire.

UTIMG_5397.jpg
UTIMG_5352.jpg
UTIMG_5119.jpg
UTIMG_5101.jpg
UTIMG_5204.jpg
UTIMG_5216.jpg
UTIMG_5264.jpg
UTIMG_4841.jpg
UTIMG_4868.jpg
UTIMG_4918.jpg
UTIMG_5059.jpg
UTIMG_5002.jpg
UTIMG_4937.jpg
UTIMG_4739.jpg
UTIMG_4724.jpg

Based on these two photos from today, I would say the floor forms are in place for a floor that is more or less even with 1BE's roofline, plus The One has core forms on top of that to match 1BE's roof's wall/cladding.

the one-1.jpg

DJI_20241018111545_0013_D copy.jpg

Back