I don't have any new information but the planning application should be available within a month or so. My guess: 85 and 75 storeys. Yes that's 2 towers.

I don't see how unless they are extremely thin towers. My guess: 1 tower, similar in height to 1 bloor, or slightly taller.

I would think that with a name like The One, it will be a single tower. I doubt that the space they have will allow a large enough floor plates for two towers that wouldn't be prohibitively expensive.

The Two? lol. I hope you're right, but imo the name seems to suggests a single tower.

It would actually be "The Three". Two would be the north side of the street.

This is two:

250px-Two_Bloor_West,_CIBC_building.JPG

Attachments

• 250px-Two_Bloor_West,_CIBC_building.JPG
    250px-Two_Bloor_West,_CIBC_building.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,741
Whilst a second tower may be a possibility - I don't think it will be anywhere close to 75 storeys high

I hope it's just one tower. I like the idea of two modern towers (1 Bloor E. and 1 Bloor W.) directly in front of two 1970's brutalist towers (2 Bloor E. and 2 Bloor W.).

The One name has been registered by several Toronto realtors, which tells me the real name is more likely One Bloor West as per the developer's site registration.

And I agree the two towers proposed here will likely be an 85 storey tower with a shorter tower around 30-40 storeys. Two towers would easily fit on the site if the prime corner is merely a 10 storey podium with the towers south and west of the corner.

Don't know for sure but for now I'll assume this is for this project. 778 Yonge is the Money Mart. Sunrise closed last week.

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2B6

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 250720 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Nov 12, 2014

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 2 storey mixed use commercial building

Capture778.JPG

Attachments

• Capture778.JPG
    Capture778.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 2,507
Last edited:
In its MD&A CREIT said that it has invested $120-million “in an entity comprised of Mizrahi Developments and partners, to partially fund the purchase of lands located at the southwest corner,” of Yonge and Bloor. In CREIT’s view, “the property represents an assembly of parcels and is situated at one of the busiest subway and pedestrian intersections in Toronto.”

CREIT said the property — that sits across the street from a massive condo development and from a Hudson’s Bay retail store and which is home to Stollerys, a men’s store — “is not currently developed to its highest and best use and the preliminary redevelopment plan envisions a large mixed-use complex with a significant high-end retail component.” CREIT will receive 6% a year for the two-year loan though it has the right to convert it to a 55% equity ownership interest.

http://business.financialpost.com/2...ntos-yonge-and-bloor-creit-lends-120-million/

Back