Conspiracy theories aside, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Yes, lets talk about facts. What other building in Toronto has this happened to? It's not a good sign and UT members are right to bring up Mizrahi's questionable past actions. Reputation is everything, right?
Past actions are always viewed with hindsight.

Talon getting themselves tied up with Trump didn't seem as bad then as it might now that a more public light has been shed on DT and his terrible business practices.

Conspiracy theories aside, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Yes, lets talk about facts. What other building in Toronto has this happened to? It's not a good sign and UT members are right to bring up Mizrahi's questionable past actions. Reputation is everything, right?
What I think is more likely is the speed at which Mizrahi is trying to operate is beyond that of the bureaucracy required in a building this size—that he's following Facebook's "move fast and break things" mantra, and it's working about as well as one might expect.

Every great city has "dirty" builds. Now we can celebrate (maybe) new height, much-blessed international architects and on-going debates about its development legacy.

Cynical but I still hope this gets built. I do donate to worthy charities.

I cannot recall if this was already posted but it was dated Dec 12/19. Sorry in advance if it was already posted in this thread.
18F50C7C-0A26-47E9-AB90-2CF50903D383.jpeg

Sam Mizrachi will be on BNN in 50 minutes. Will be interesting to see what he says regarding this project.

Back