Today.
E441747A-EB77-4A6A-B260-D5E98C120830.jpeg
B5723948-8BC8-4724-8121-DAD34DA1B9DB.jpeg
19147F3C-1DBD-4EBA-B046-768C633A5B8C.jpeg
51DAC98F-374E-4EE8-8457-3649A3D2BCF8.jpeg

They're physically not ready for the pour..........

Someone should tell Sam, when speaking publicly and giving dates, only a week out, you shouldn't pick a date you can't or won't hit.

Nothing wrong w/not having an exact date (though I imagine those trucks need to be booked in advance for such a big pour)..........but then just say 'sometime next week' or in the next '10 days'.....

I can't say I really care; but on the other hand I'm always irked by people's impunctuality and inexactitude!

Last edited:
Can someone explain to those of us who are not well versed in engineering terminology exactly what a transfer slab is. Please keep it simple. Thanks.

AoD

Can someone explain to those of us who are not well versed in engineering terminology exactly what a transfer slab is. Please keep it simple. Thanks.
When a building doesn’t have columns that extend straight from the top of the building to the bottom, they need a strong structural “transfer slab” in order to transfer the weight held by the Columns above to the different location of columns below.

basically the weight of the towers central elevator core has to be transferred to the external steel columns as the elevator core floats above the column-less retail space, and the transfer slab does that.

Back