Wow. This morning I almost added a post commenting that I'm sure anyone who makes their own miso knows which wine bottles to cellar and which to drink quickly.

I almost made that post. I decided not to because I thought it might take us too far off topic.

A dozen or so wine posts then followed...

🍷 Cheers! 🍷

It will tide us over to the pour over the weekend!

AoD

It will tide us over to the pour over the weekend!

AoD
With -20 degree weather I doubt if it would be practical to pour concrete today. I know the mixing and curing processes generate tone of heat but I would assume the extreme cold can cause problems to the pump and tubing. Not to mention that it would require a heroic effort from the trades involved.

With -20 degree weather I doubt if it would be practical to pour concrete today. I know the mixing and curing processes generate tone of heat but I would assume the extreme cold can cause problems to the pump and tubing. Not to mention that it would require a heroic effort from the trades involved.

Sam can't catch a break...lol.

By mid afternoon the temp will or should be raised to a near -10...

...personally, I am not sure when and what are the ideal conditions to pour under. I suspect though they'll pour when they can...and sometimes that likely means when the conditions are not so ideal.

I missed the wine discussion, but the posts elicited bad memories of my cellar (or wine cooler, whatever you want to call it) malfunctioning and heating instead of cooling. It took me days to notice it and it killed every single bottle in it. There were 50. 😭

49FE5BD9-ABDB-4EA6-B162-99FEB263434D.jpeg
E6FDF35E-1807-42C1-82A6-7E8A9FAF1D73.jpeg
BFA94502-BA83-4F7C-B48B-01C28BAE4808.jpeg
2D537D84-1E27-4054-B06F-4D7E4B2DFECE.jpeg
449A540B-EBAF-43B8-B9B2-8AFB2EACBFB7.jpeg

Back