Last edited:
I just got back from vacation and the tower looks like it's grown some. There doesn't appear to be any activity at the top but the crane is growing taller, even though the protesters are blocking the Yonge/Bloor intersection.

View attachment 514965View attachment 514966View attachment 514967View attachment 514968

What returning to this thread must've felt like:
community-chaotic-fire-8sbfo78fi3qgh77t.gif

So will the trades all lose on this? That's the big question. Could really hurt a lot of companies which would be very unfortunate.

If the trades on this project were not being paid, they wouldn't be on site. Most companies wouldn't keep their people on site if the bill got any higher then a couple hundred thousand

If the trades on this project were not being paid, they wouldn't be on site. Most companies wouldn't keep their people on site if the bill got any higher then a couple hundred thousand
Was more wondering about trades who had invoices in at the time of receivership - unpaid in the normal course of construction payment draws.

Was more wondering about trades who had invoices in at the time of receivership - unpaid in the normal course of construction payment draws.
I imagine there will be a million lawyers fighting about this stuff for the next 10 years.

Reactions: DNW
I believe it's the intention of the receivership arrangement that they'll be paid. And likely in full.

Reactions: DNW
Does any one recall a messy change of ownership that resulted in stalling the groundbreaking of One Bloor East? Or am I hallucinating again?
Yes, absolutely. The site was originally owned by Bazis International and their lenders (including I believe Minto) went to court to try to force Bazis to sell them the vacant land as they claimed Bazis had defaulted on the loan. Bazis ended up winning in court and selling the site to Great Gulf.

ive never seen that blue retaining wall being used for any other large tower project in this city. maybe thats why in part it's so overbudget.
the developer was duped into buying these expensive construction add ons .

Back