IMG_7739.jpeg
IMG_7740.jpeg
IMG_7741.jpeg
Ongoing crane jump work. Pardon me if that terminology isn’t correct.

ive never seen that blue retaining wall being used for any other large tower project in this city. maybe thats why in part its so overbudget.
the developer was duped into buying these expensive construction add ons .
It is uncommon, but not unheard of. Trump Tower, Shangri-La Hotel, Four Seasons Hotel, Absolute World (Mississauga), Pinnacle One Yonge, all had/have rail climbing systems.
There are probably more I am not thinking of.

Link to Urban Toronto Explainer: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2023/01/explainer-self-climbing-formwork.50999

Last edited:
...maybe thats why in part its so overbudget. the developer was duped into buying these expensive construction add ons .
I very much doubt these contraptions are snake oil with pulleys and levers. And likely have a very good purpose for being used...however expensive they are.

Maybe Stollery's has power like the pyramids and tearing it down released a curse upon anything that was built in its place. The only right thing to do at this point is to tear the building down and make a park dedicated to the aboriginal peoples whose land this was originally.

So let me get this straight: they are going to try to sell the remaining units, in this market, with these interest rates, with all the negative press, and the stench of "receivership" and the prospect of legal claims and liens and maybe the building not being completed as designed?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(sorry for bringing up real estate again. But I wanted to have some fun. And let's face it: if they do not get buyers, financing is less likely. And it is difficult to complete a building without money.)

Just heard the news, if anything even if it continues to height One Youge is almost certain to be completed first now.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight: they are going to try to sell the remaining units, in this market, with these interest rates, with all the negative press, and the stench of "receivership" and the prospect of legal claims and liens and maybe the building not being completed as designed?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(sorry for bringing up real estate again. But I wanted to have some fun. And let's face it: if they do not get buyers, financing is less likely. And it is difficult to complete a building without money.)
I mean it's kinda like one of those movies or even a series you see on Netflix you really enjoy...if you try not to think too hard about it. Where the logistics of it tend to spoil your experience of it...

...so it's the same with this building. Where one can sit back and enjoy the construction ride...and try not to think how this will be all budgeted, how it will be paid off or if it will ever turn a profit, because that will just spoil the fun, IMO. I get the armchair real estate economists are not helping much here...kinda like that person sitting next to you in the theatre who think they're the Lord's replacement for Siskel & Ebert and never shut up about it. But here's the thing though, this receivership has given an extend life to this project, so until that fat person starts to sing...enjoy the ride up to the top. And for what that's worth. <3

Last edited:
To be clear - this building is likely going to lose a ton of money for its shareholders. Right now they are focused on minimizing those losses.

A completed building is ultimately worth more than a half-built hulking mass of concrete, which is why they are pushing forwards. Will they find the cash to reach the finish line? We’ll have to see.

Back