It's funny how the elephant in the room is being completely ignored still. Like nothing happened.

This building lost its glory. It's just another ugly tall building that will have a lot of empty suites. It will be cheaply made moving forward to keep losses down. Nobody takes a building seriously when the foundations it's built upon is fraud.

But, it's okay bro! Yonge and Bloor! Toronto! We the NORTH!!!!

But what do I know right? My posts in this thread from 2021 saying Apple will back out didn't turn out true at all, right?

With that said, I gotta give credit where it's due... this building is truly symbolic of Canadian real estate. Fraud, money laundering, drug trafficking money, being thrown around into our Countries developments. Politicians making behind the door deals with crooked developers. But hey, it's Canada. What else can you expect.
I thought you bought a unit in this building.

Funny how a not even half-finished building can elicit such strong reactions - everything from giddy excitement to sour declarations of it being a potent symbol for everything allegedly horrible and dystopian about Canada. The drama of it all!

It's funny how the elephant in the room is being completely ignored still. Like nothing happened.

This building lost its glory. It's just another ugly tall building that will have a lot of empty suites. It will be cheaply made moving forward to keep losses down. Nobody takes a building seriously when the foundations it's built upon is fraud.

But what do I know right? My posts in this thread from 2021 saying Apple will back out didn't turn out true at all, right?

With that said, I gotta give credit where it's due... this building is truly symbolic of Canadian real estate. Fraud, money laundering, drug trafficking money, being thrown around into our Countries developments. Politicians making behind the door deals with crooked developers. But hey, it's Canada. What else can you expect.

The irony of someone crying out “fraud” and “money laundering” when they seem to be associated with crypto!

Last edited:
Alternatively, Nintendo could open up a dedicated Nintendo store where a certain fruit store would have opened. This Nintendo store would be similar to Nintendo New York:

Nintendo New York is popular, not just with New Yorkers, but with tourists as well. I myself visited Nintendo New York in 2016 and liked what it offered and I felt it would be great to replicate this success in Toronto.

This will be a fantastic addition to the city regardless of who takes space in the lobby. Apple backing out does not change a thing about this towers stunning design and high quality materials.

Eh...sure, but the retail section is still important, especially given how large this building is. When you're walking past it the first thing you'll notice is those large glass windows and whatever is behind them. Its ground presence would literally be enormous.

Last edited:
Looks like they will be getting a floor done every 5 to 6 working days.
Now that someone with more experience is managing this building....the work will become faster....as the new PM won't buy their excuses of being late.

If they go at a pace of 1 floor a week. They have 50 floors to go so the building could top out by November 2024 and open 4 months later in March 2025.

Funny how a not even half-finished building can elicit such strong reactions - everything from giddy excitement to sour declarations of it being a potent symbol for everything allegedly horrible and dystopian about Canada. The drama of it all!
Horrible and dystopian about Canadian real estate. You forgot the ending.

Not that Canada as a country is any better. I’m born Canadian, and our country is heading in the wrong direction.

I'm pretty sure most forum readers aren't particularly interested in the ethics or virtues of the Canadian real estate business. Nor do they worry about vacant suites or cashflow models on development proformas.
They come to view the progress of cool and unique buildings as well as learn insightful knowledge from industry experts. I am making this assumption based on the fact that the majority of reaction scores stem from photos and not people's general opinions.
Umm, okay.

How likely do you think that Apple returns to this space?

Perhaps they are waiting to re-negotiate or wait until there is more clarity when this project will be retail tenant-ready.

Part 2 of 2 taken on November 5, 2023:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg
IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_0818.jpeg
IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg
IMG_0822.jpeg
IMG_0823.jpeg
IMG_0824.jpeg
IMG_0825.jpeg
IMG_0826.jpeg
IMG_0827.jpeg
IMG_0828.jpeg

Here's a sneak peek at Nintendo Toronto:

Nintendo Toronto at The One.png

You do know that one bloor east also switched developers midway through as well along with multiple other projects that have been completed in Toronto and to my knowledge we're not done cheaply when the new contractor took over

I'm pretty sure most forum readers aren't particularly interested in the ethics or virtues of the Canadian real estate business. Nor do they worry about vacant suites or cashflow models on development proformas.
They come to view the progress of cool and unique buildings as well as learn insightful knowledge from industry experts. I am making this assumption based on the fact that the majority of reaction scores stem from photos and not people's general opinions.
True only to some extent. There are lots of investors or investment-minded users on this site with a desire to better understand the real estate market. Accounting is even listed as one of the most dry/ boring professions out there by actual studies. A few select people truly enjoy it and financial statements. Of course, you will not get as many likes on a post discussing financials as you would get on an architecturally related post/pic. We are visual creatures with an eye for design. We are chasing the next dopamine-inducing photo. But even that gets old pretty quickly. If a post has substance and is making an interesting financial or engineering point or otherwise, it adds so much more value to the forum. I would argue serious/proffesional posts are the basis and set the stage for the more 'fun' posts/photography. Even architects themselves find the profession/real-world design process is way more monotonous than they envisioned in school. So appreciate everything and prepare for the big orgasmic finish where concrete shoots out and pours on one more floor. Which incidentally happens about once a week here. That seems like a healthy release rate 😁

Last edited:
Now that someone with more experience is managing this building....the work will become faster....as the new PM won't buy their excuses of being late.

If they go at a pace of 1 floor a week. They have 50 floors to go so the building could top out by November 2024 and open 4 months later in March 2025.

I don’t think that is the reason they seem to be moving faster now though I agree it might streamline and optimize the operations even further. They were doing a regular floor every 6-8 working days and now the fact that they are not doing the rebar heavy lateral walls should shave off a day or two and will probably see 4-6 day cycles depending on the weather.

Back