Who do you think makes these custom made clothes for them?

Rich people order custom made clothes from those very same luxury designer flagships in Yorkville. Every celebrity has a custom-made designer piece of attire. Be it for Met Gala, Oscars red carpet or some other event like that, it has to come from a well-known luxury designer brand and not some mom-and-pop sewing shop. Think of Kardashians/Jenners wearing custom Marc Jacobs and Schiaparelli to Met Gala, you can bet rich people and their kids will want the same sort of thing.

Hermes bags like Birkin are almost entirely customized for their clients for example. You have to have a purchase history with Hermes and get on the waiting list for such bag. Same goes with every other luxury designer and custom-made attire. There's no such service in Yorkdalle as far as I know. There are also boutique shops in Yorkville that carry inventory that simply do not exist anywhere else in the city. They sell some really rare stuff from Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli and Celine - real, old-money exclusives which are not that well-presented in Yorkdalle.

I wasn't thinking of celebrities in the entertainment industry but rather locals. Tailors that aren't well known in general of make a lot of clothes for people with the money to hire them.

Sure, there are people who insist on certain big-name designers. But many don't for daily wear.

They want a high-end contemporary fabric cut and sewn to flatter their figure and with the caveat that it's made to last. They're willing to pay a higher price to have someone local make things for them.

Barely a day goes by without a photo update of The One. I think a little side convo is actually a refreshing change from the photo bombardment.
...and on that note, here are a couple pictures from today :)

20231122_163920.jpg
20231122_164823.jpg

Barely a day goes by without a photo update of The One. I think a little side convo is actually a refreshing change from the photo bombardment.

There has been a constant disagreement on this site as to what the site's main purpose is. A lot of people visit, apparently, just to get news, and get annoyed when they see a thread is bumped but gives no news. But I don't know what more there is to say about The One, and with all due respect to the people who post photos, most of these photos I can barely spot a difference.

There has been a constant disagreement on this site as to what the site's main purpose is. A lot of people visit, apparently, just to get news, and get annoyed when they see a thread is bumped but gives no news. But I don't know what more there is to say about The One, and with all due respect to the people who post photos, most of these photos I can barely spot a difference.
So in defense of the people who post the amazing pictures that we got ground level is harder to see differences now as the building has gotten so tall that you cannot see the top unless you are far away. As for the pictures by our members from up top, the differences are not mainly in the building but in the surroundings. I like watching more buildings disappearing from the top down picture as the building blocks them out. I also enjoy seeing the differences in floorplates I follow a lot of threads on this site. I come here looking for the pictures and the news but mostly the pictures 😀

Thank you for giving us an excellent example of a useless thread bump (just like this one (shrug 😉))

Always appreciate the photos - something has always changed (to the discerning eye)…

This is the final set of photos taken of The One using my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Later today (yay Black Friday!), I am getting an iPhone 15 Pro Max, which means better photos!

Part 2 of 2 taken on November 22, 2023:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_1001.jpeg
IMG_1002.jpeg
IMG_1003.jpeg
IMG_1004.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_1005.jpeg
IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg
IMG_1008.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg