with sidewalks poured do we expect the hoarding to pull back soon?
I thought I read that they intend to install more permanent safety netting around the 1st mechanical level. My guess is the cladding scaffolding would have to ascend past the mech. level before this is possible?
That scaffolding seems to move quite slowly, so difficult to say how long.

I thought I read that they intend to install more permanent safety netting around the 1st mechanical level. My guess is the cladding scaffolding would have to ascend past the mech. level before this is possible?
That scaffolding seems to move quite slowly, so difficult to say how long.
Makes sense. No hurry. Brass Rail probably won’t be taking the ground floor space until after the new year at this point . . .

Part 2 of 2 taken on December 6, 2023:

Yonge and Bloor (aka the Golden Corner or the Champagne Corner):

IMG_1138.jpeg
IMG_1139.jpeg
IMG_1140.jpeg
IMG_1141.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_1142.jpeg
IMG_1143.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg
IMG_1145.jpeg
IMG_1146.jpeg
IMG_1150.jpeg
IMG_1151.jpeg
IMG_1152.jpeg
IMG_1153.jpeg
IMG_1154.jpeg
IMG_1155.jpeg

Photos taken today, Friday (Dec. 8). Since my last set of photos last Friday, the blue scaffolds at the top remain where they were - the 46th or 47th floor - while the corner blue scaffolds have gone up one level as work on the 2nd mechanical level progresses (see BloorMan's recent posts from above). As for the Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) installing the skin below, the north and west RCSs remain at the 13th floor, while the east RCS is now up to floor 16, installing that floor's skin. That RCS is now covering the 1st mechanical level, so it will be interesting to see what happens next - will it just park there for a while, or move quickly up to level 19?

The photos: starting with my usual "time-lapse" Flickr album addition, the view from the south on Yonge, at Dundas, then more views of the east RCS as it installs the 16th floor skin, and whose top now covers the mechanical level. Then, a shot of the new sidewalk being made on the Bloor Street side, followed by views from Cumberland, east of Bay including a tight shot showing the blue corner scaffolds now at the 2nd mechanical level. Finally, some shots from the NE.

UTIMG_5308.jpg
UTIMG_5178.jpg
UTIMG_5245.jpg
UTIMG_5269.jpg
UTIMG_5279.jpg
UTIMG_5403.jpg
UTIMG_5458.jpg
UTIMG_5493.jpg
UTIMG_5357.jpg
UTIMG_5385.jpg
UTIMG_5397.jpg
UTIMG_5551.jpg

So I might be asking an obvious question or one that has been asked before, so I apologize in advance. But since the project has gone into receivership, does that in anyway affect the quality of the build, materials, finishes etc. as they are building at a loss essentially as I understand it (I’m not very familiar with the financial intricacies of that kind of thing)

Last edited:
So I might be asking an obvious question or one that has been asked before, so I apologize in advance. But since the project has gone into receivership, does that in anyway affect the quality of the build, materials, finishes etc. as they are building at a loss essentially as I understand it (Im not very familiar w9th what that entails)
With long material lead times, often from overseas suppliers, I doubt much will change with the exterior build. For the interior communal areas, they might have some contractual flexibility.

Yeah...I think there will be eyebrows raised if Mizrahi still wants to imprint his signature style on the interior dwellings.

Back