The trait of a classic narcissist.

"I developed the building, I bought the corner, I zoned it, I built it up to the 53rd floor — all of the heavy lifting, I've done. There's no dispute about that," he said. "Nobody can dispute that my legacy in terms of what I've done stands and speaks for itself."
Quotes everything the guy has factually done...then calls him a name...lol

I cant read the article because it's paywalled, but as soon as see the words "Edward Rogers" I know it's nothing I can take seriously because he's the pettiest little boy in the city. If someone looks at him in the wrong way he'll try and fire and/or sue them.
Edward Rogers gives Kendall Roy energy.
IMG_6384.jpeg

Quotes everything the guy has factually done...then calls him a name...lol
After overcharging everyone, the guy claims responsibility for achieving everything by himself, then brags about a legacy which is completely inconsiderate of all of the people who are now screwed because of his mismanagement.

If Apple had just built that standalone flagship store there - this place would have been a lot quieter.

According to Mayoclinic:

1. Have an unreasonable view of self importance
2. Expect to be recognized even without achievement
3. Make achievements and talents larger than they are
4. Take advantage of others to get what they want
5. Inability to recognize impact on others
6. Insist on the best of everything.

Anyways. I'll drop it now.

Speaking of which, will title thread change now Mizrahi is no longer the developer here, @Paclo? Or how does that work now?
Mizrahi Developments remains the developer here until the project is sold. As os March 13, Mizrahi is no longer the general contractor, but Sam Mizrahi and Jenny Coco still own 50% each of the building. They are now represented by the receiver Alvarez and Marsal, however, who now call the shots. The receiver is shopping the building around for a sale. If and when it sells, Mizrahi Developments will no longer be the developer.

Mizrahi Developments remains the developer here until the project is sold. As os March 13, Mizrahi is no longer the general contractor, but Sam Mizrahi and Jenny Coco still own 50% each of the building. They are now represented by the receiver Alvarez and Marsal, however, who now call the shots. The receiver is shopping the building around for a sale. If and when it sells, Mizrahi Developments will no longer be the developer.

Thank you so much for clarifying that! /bows

PS: I wish you where posting more, as your reasoned responses always brings a breath of needed air to a debate...and to put it mildly. But I also understand if you're busy with and at other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trait of a classic narcissist.

"I developed the building, I bought the corner, I zoned it, I built it up to the 53rd floor — all of the heavy lifting, I've done. There's no dispute about that," he said. "Nobody can dispute that my legacy in terms of what I've done stands and speaks for itself."

Your comment smacks more of tall poppy syndrome, one of this country's worst character traits, than Mizrahi being a narcissist. Whenever someone tries to create, innovate, or raise the bar, there's always an army of Canadians incensed and eager to cut them down. How dare someone do more that the bare minimum.

It's more a reflection on the person offended by driven people. It's the view that others shouldn't work too hard because it will make the rest of us look like an under performers.

Last edited:
PS: I wish you where posting more, as your reasoned responses always brings a breath of needed air to a debate...and to put it mildly. But I also understand if you're busy with and at other things.
I wish I were able to keep up on the Forum these days and jump in whenever I can be of assistance like I always used to be able to do, but it has grown so much in the last year that short of UrbanToronto hiring another person and finding the best way to split my job in two, I am only going to be playing catch-up from now on, popping into threads here and there, like I've been doing since around June of last year. Here's hoping for a solution!

Your comment smacks more of tall poppy syndrome, one of this country's worst character traits, than Mizrahi being a narcissist. Whenever someone tries to create, innovate, or raise the bar, there's always an army of Canadians incensed and eager to cut them down. How dare someone do more that the bare minimum.
Tall Poppy Syndrome is an attitude I'm very familiar with from my home country (UK), but contrary to your observation, I don't see anywhere near as much of that from Canadians, who I find to generally be supportive of innovators. Not saying it doesn't exist, though.

Tall Poppy Syndrome is an attitude I'm very familiar with from my home country (UK), but contrary to your observation, I don't see anywhere near as much of that from Canadians, who I find to generally be supportive of innovators. Not saying it doesn't exist, though.
Both observations are misplaced IMO and to put it mildly. As there has been demonstratively issues with this developer that where outside of audience envy and jealousy. Those have been mostly brought up as opposed to thinking some weird orthodoxy that this person can't build something this tall or fulfill this dream. And this certainly hasn't been thing over with even the now taller Pinnacle One...

...conversely, Mizrahi is certainly no Trump or Musk when trying to fulfill those dreams. And because he played fast and loose with financing and rules that later got him into trouble, is no evidence he was a narcissist of any degree...he was not an abusive or toxic person that would fire anyone who looked at him wrong or an attention getting authoritarian, as far as I am aware. So poppycock for calling him that. Really.

So it's bunch of pointless innuendoes thrown around by parties without really dealing with what's going on or what happened here, IMO. Meanwhile the show of this building being constructed moves on unabated. Is that not what we really wanted in the end?

Back