Photos taken yesterday, Friday (Mar. 1). Dramatic news since my last update a week ago with the announcement that Sam Mizrahi will be removed from the project and Skygrid will take over Mar. 13. Meanwhile, the building itself continues to progress. The blue forms at top have moved up one level, at least on the west side, I think they are up to floor 55. The blue corner forms are up as well, to level 44 or so. The Rail Climbing Systems haven't moved up since last Friday, so we don't see more of the first mechanical level. But on the south side the new black scaffolds to the left of the crane have expanded and we have some more cladding on the super columns at the mechanical level. And more sidewalk was poured today on the Yonge Street side of the tower (not pictured).

Starting with my usual addition to the Flickr "time-lapse" album, views from the south on Yonge, from Dundas, and more views of the south including the mechanical sections. They seemed to have figured out their issue with "4" as the stencilled numbers on the elevator doors are no longer backwards starting with level 43... Some shots of equipment being hoisted up, then the view from by Holt Renfrew on Bloor, a few shots from Cumberland east of Bay, then a new view from Cumberland around Yorkville Park, finally the view from Bloor and Bedford, 1 Bloor W now covering a lot of 1 Bloor E.

UTIMG_4284.jpg
UTIMG_4101.jpg
UTIMG_4177.jpg
UTIMG_4200.jpg
UTIMG_4294.jpg
UTIMG_4306.jpg
UTIMG_4314.jpg
UTIMG_4359.jpg
UTIMG_4401.jpg
UTIMG_4448.jpg
UTIMG_4487.jpg

Under the new construction manager, no changes will be made to the outside of the building, Mizrahi says, noting that the skyscraper's hybrid exoskeleton is already more than halfway done, built up to the 53rd floor with 38 storeys left to go.
Glad to hear that the exterior expression won't be changing partway up. Could have been Toronto's very own One Wall Centre if things had turned out differently.

Back just in time for the next mechanical floor ☺️☺️
I think the mechanical level is the next level that will be poured. It seems they have extra column forms installed to support the load. Is level 55 the next mechanical level? I was thinking the crane would have grown taller today but it will need extra supports installed. Perhaps that will happen mid-week sometime.

I think the mechanical level is the next level that will be poured. It seems they have extra column forms installed to support the load. Is level 55 the next mechanical level? I was thinking the crane would have grown taller today but it will need extra supports installed. Perhaps that will happen mid-week sometime.
Looking at the floor count I think we have three more floors to go usually the RCS covers two floors below the one that they are currently working on this would mean they are halfway through one of the angular sections I think I maybe wrong

Both observations are misplaced IMO and to put it mildly. As there has been demonstratively issues with this developer that where outside of audience envy and jealousy. Those have been mostly brought up as opposed to thinking some weird orthodoxy that this person can't build something this tall or fulfill this dream. And this certainly hasn't been thing over with even the now taller Pinnacle One...

...conversely, Mizrahi is certainly no Trump or Musk when trying to fulfill those dreams. And because he played fast and loose with financing and rules that later got him into trouble, is no evidence he was a narcissist of any degree...he was not an abusive or toxic person that would fire anyone who looked at him wrong or an attention getting authoritarian, as far as I am aware. So poppycock for calling him that. Really.

So it's bunch of pointless innuendoes thrown around by parties without really dealing with what's going on or what happened here, IMO. Meanwhile the show of this building being constructed moves on unabated. Is that not what we really wanted in the end?
Your analysis is missing a key insight, IMO! A certain level of overconfident, frivolous, imprudent, despotic and narcissistic financial and professional delusion may be necessary for the inception of a design of this caliber, IMO.

Last edited:
The third photo from the top of this page reveals a hawk soaring in front of the blue corner RCS. Pretty cool, maybe a good omen?

Tall Poppy Syndrome is an attitude I'm very familiar with from my home country (UK), but contrary to your observation, I don't see anywhere near as much of that from Canadians, who I find to generally be supportive of innovators. Not saying it doesn't exist, though.
It used to be worse. I think generally people have started becoming more warm to people who innovate and take risks. It's welcoming change imo. Tall Poppy Syndrome is something we could do without.

Both observations are misplaced IMO and to put it mildly. As there has been demonstratively issues with this developer that where outside of audience envy and jealousy. Those have been mostly brought up as opposed to thinking some weird orthodoxy that this person can't build something this tall or fulfill this dream. And this certainly hasn't been thing over with even the now taller Pinnacle One...

...conversely, Mizrahi is certainly no Trump or Musk when trying to fulfill those dreams. And because he played fast and loose with financing and rules that later got him into trouble, is no evidence he was a narcissist of any degree...he was not an abusive or toxic person that would fire anyone who looked at him wrong or an attention getting authoritarian, as far as I am aware. So poppycock for calling him that. Really.

So it's bunch of pointless innuendoes thrown around by parties without really dealing with what's going on or what happened here, IMO. Meanwhile the show of this building being constructed moves on unabated. Is that not what we really wanted in the end?
Yeah, I fully agree with this. Mizrahi took a lot of risk with financing that eventually got him into trouble but I don't think he's a "bad" person that his detractors are trying to paint him as. The Americans are very used to these sorts of financial failures where someone takes on some degree of risk and can't always execute despite their best efforts.

Your analysis is missing a key insight, IMO! A certain level of overconfident, frivolous, imprudent, despotic and narcissistic financial and professional delusion may be necessary for the inception of a design of this caliber, IMO.
The phrase if I succeed I'm a genius if I fail I'm a monster comes to mind

How do they arrive at 91 floors for this building?

The building is made up of five segments separated by four two-storey mechanical levels.
The three center segments are identical at 18 storeys each and total 54.
The upper segment is 12 floors, that makes 66.
Four mechanical levels at two storeys apiece brings it to 74
The lowest segment ( commercial, hotel etc. ) has 14 floors making it 88
Then there is the first floor for a total of 89.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

How do they arrive at 91 floors for this building?

The building is made up of five segments separated by four two-storey mechanical levels.
The three center segments are identical at 18 storeys each and total 54.
The upper segment is 12 floors, that makes 66.
Four mechanical levels at two storeys apiece brings it to 74
The lowest segment ( commercial, hotel etc. ) has 14 floors making it 88
Then there is the first floor for a total of 89.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
The ground floor (of the tower) technically counts as three floors due to its height as the podiums on either side have mid floors that aren't built in the tower portion at ground hence the story count

Edit. It may count as two but the ground floor definitely counts as multiple stories

Back