Photos taken Friday (Mar. 15). Not much progress on the exterior since my post last Friday. Both the blue forms on top and on the corners are where they were last week at this time. Not sure if BloorMan says they have started to do the core of the third mechanical level, which would be level 57 if so. And the corner sections may be doing the attachment level for the next set of hangers, which would be level 45. Maybe the corner forms don't rise at this level so as to allow clearance when the hangers are attached? The Rail Climbing Systems also remain where they were before. Some activity of the south face with the installation of glass on levels 19, 20 and 21. And the external elevator now has the doors installed up to level 50, with the crane now higher as well.

But one major change from last week.... gone are the Joy von Tiedemann construction photos along the sidewalks, replaced by Skygrid signage as they took over the project on Wednesday.

Starting with my usual "time lapse" Flickr album addition, to views of the south face where most of this week's visible progress has taken place. A closer look at the south face along with the above-mentioned new glass having been installed 19-21 also shows glass installed under the east Rail Climbing System on levels 19 and 20. A view of workers at one of the corners, and several shots from Cumberland, east of Bay, then a shot from Bloor at Bedford to the west. Finishing off with some of the new Skygrid signage. (Or is it properly SKYGRiD?)

UTIMG_8508.jpg
UTIMG_8517.jpg
UTIMG_8537.jpg
UTIMG_8571.jpg

UTIMG_8400.jpg
UTIMG_8465.jpg
UTIMG_8443.jpg
UTIMG_8349.jpg
UTIMG_8588.jpg

Last edited:
From today (Saturday). All the corner hangers were installed. I'm a little concerned with the plywood left at the top. Hopefully it's tied down. From my view, it looks like its left leaning on something.

View attachment 548751View attachment 548752View attachment 548753View attachment 548754View attachment 548755View attachment 548756View attachment 548757
“New SKYGRiD job site unleashes flying sheets of plywood on Bloor/Yonge neighbors” is a headline no one wants to see…

I remember that happening to one of the towers under constructed south of this, where sheets of something that was caught in a intensely blustery day. They came off like a stack of cards in a wind tunnel. ProjectEnd-san assured us it wasn't plywood though at the time, thank goodness...

If I recall from the article was it not just a 90 day period skygrid is taking over?
As per my article, Skygrid is the new General Contractor, hired for a period of 90 days. They were not hired for longer as the Receiver is hoping to sell the development within that period, and they don't want to tie the new owner to a particular GC. Of course, a new owner could decide to keep Skygrid. If the development doesn't sell within the 90-day period, the Receiver could very well extend Skygrid's contract.

Back