From today. The centre core was raised yesterday. I can feel the sheer size of it now.

20240321_101247.jpg
20240321_101307.jpg
20240321_170619.jpg

Seems like the transition to sky grid really slowed things up this week
Nope...they're at the 3rd mechanical. And like with all previous mechanicals, it always slows up at those points. More concrete, more rebar, more structural reinforcement...and management change over has nothing to do with that.

Nope...they're at the 3rd mechanical. And like with all previous mechanicals, it always slows up at those points. More concrete, more rebar, more structural reinforcement...and management change over has nothing to do with that.
I just did a floor count from the top of the last hanger looks like one final floor then mechanical though tying those sheer walls would add quite a large amount to work which probably is contributing to these floors taking longer

Here's an interesting time cue snippet from Johnny Strides latest live stream. Right after Eataly, he talks about watching a video on the top 10 skyscraper projects in North America going up now, and apparently The One and One Yonge are number 3 and 2 on that list respectively. Happy with the ranking!

Here's the video mentioned above. It actually features 3 Toronto super-talls in the rankings: The One (including financial woes ;-), Pinnacle One Yonge (SkyTower) and Gehry's FORMA.

Any speculation on which developer picks up the project?

Westbank might be able to swing it. 19 Duncan, King Toronto, and Mirvish Village are their only active Toronto projects and all are very close to being finished (occupancy/registered warranty repairs).

Concord seems an obvious candidate given they turned a profit off finishing Cresford projects and seem to have bottomless credit lines.

Would Menkes, Tridel, Great Gulf, Pemberton, etc. be interested? They seem to have a full plate already.

Last edited:
I just did a floor count from the top of the last hanger looks like one final floor then mechanical though tying those sheer walls would add quite a large amount to work which probably is contributing to these floors taking longer
In BloorMan's post #16,930 it looks like they were pouring walls for 56, so next slab forms we see should be the next mechanical (57).

Westbank 💲?? might be able to swing it. 19 Duncan and Mirvish Village are their only active Toronto projects and both are very close to being finished (registered, doing warranty repairs).

Concord seems an obvious candidate given they turned a profit off finishing Cresford projects and seem to have bottomless credit lines.

Would Menkes, Tridel, Great Gulf, Pemberton, etc. be interested? They seem to have a full plate already.
My edits above = my thoughts.

DREAM ☁️?

Westbank might be able to swing it. 19 Duncan and Mirvish Village are their only active Toronto projects and both are very close to being finished (registered, doing warranty repairs).

Westbank??? Huh???

Westbank??? Huh???
I mean, it could be a dating match-up between a building that's having financial problems with a dev that's having financial troubles. Look how that worked out for Mizrahi... /s

Back