That's a really nice outdoor space, but that apartment would be a whole lot better if it was all inside space! The difference between a 1168 sf apartment and a 1900 sf apartment is the difference between being able to have one kid, or have 2-3 kids.
It's actually both on Metrotown. It features folding glass to enclose the outdoor space as semi-indoor. You can see it all accordion-ed up on the right side of the image.

I prefer to have a balcony & use mine quite a bit. I think it comes down to personal preference.
It also comes down to the design. We had two spacious balconies, however, there was one fatal flaw, every other persons balcony was above us and in a dangerous way. One time I was just in my room when I see a shadow. I look out the window, when a blanket or mattress had fallen onto our balcony. The next day, another one had fallen on a balcony below us. Also, balcony design was not private at all. Everyone could just watch each other. What building am I talking about? Monde. Man that condo sucked. I have such bad experiences with that condo. Dude the sauna had collapsed a couple years after the building had opened. The ceiling in the sauna collapsed… the pool was also closed for 2 years after just 1 year of it being open due to leakages. So much more I’ll probably post on the Monde thread. If you want to live there please don’t. Quality is overall bad and cheap. It may look good on the outside, but surely not on the inside.

Looks like they are smoothing out level 64 now and it's back to having 2 columns instead of 3, as it was in level 62. Check out the guy working on the slab end...yikes!!

20240724_100852.jpg
20240724_100927.jpg
20240724_135002.jpg
20240724_135009.jpg
20240724_top.jpeg

(ii) levels 63 to 75 will be modified from a four-Unit layout to a ten-Unit layout...

...so I presume those were supports for the new modifications then?

IMG_1581.jpeg
IMG_1582.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg
IMG_1584.jpeg
A little while ago I think I wrongly posted that I thought there were a few broken windows that had been installed because they were not tinted the same as all the others. I believe I was wrong because on further inspection, there is another pair of windows without the tinting. What these two pairs of untainted windows have in common is that they are located where one of the crane supports (may not be the correct term for them, sorry) anchor to a slab. It just so happens that on each of the levels where these untinted windows are install, the glass on those levels are taller than typical. I believe the untinted glass panels are temporary because there wasn’t the space to install full height glazing because of the crane anchor. I’m not sure if I am explaining myself very well or if someone else has already posted this already.

It is interesting they're doing the windows that way for sure. I guess they needed someway to reduce wind dynamics where the crane stabilizer thingies are attached the to inside the tower, hence the untinted placeholders we're seeing.

It is interesting they're doing the windows that way for sure. I guess they needed someway to reduce wind dynamics where the crane stabilizer thingies are attached the to inside the tower, hence the untinted placeholders we're seeing.
The crane stabilizer 'thingies' are apparently creatively called crane ties, wall ties or tie-ins :)

The crane stabilizer 'thingies' are apparently creatively called crane ties, wall ties or tie-ins :)
And I can always hear Mr. 42 cringe every time I call something a thingy here. It's just I'm an artist and I am posting on a forum that is not my field of expertise...so "thingy" is a good word to fall back onto. <3

Back