Today

IMG_3703.jpeg

I've heard it was specifically designed to Apple's specs, which makes it quite likely that Apple will end up in that space after all the negotiations are complete.

My thinking and hope too - Toronto is a major NA city, Apple does not really have a proper flagship for the city of this size (like it has in NY, SF, CH), and they value this level of drama/theater in their retail presence probably more than any other retailer.

Let’s please not discuss Apple here. There are retail forums for that. (For those who are new, there were hundreds of posts about Apple going here as this space was designed for them before they pulled the plug due to delays. Will Apple reassess their withdrawal. Most likely. But let’s stop with the speculation in this forum. Thanks.)

Photos taken September 26th, 2024:

From Yonge near Wellesley:

DSC04672.jpg

From Balmuto:

DSC04666.jpg

From Bay + Bloor:

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04665.jpg

From Yorkville just east of Bay:

DSC04659.jpg

DSC04660.jpg

DSC04661.jpg

From the corner of Yonge and Bloor:

DSC04640.jpg

Now a profile shot, just peeking out from behind 1BE, shot from Bloor btw Church and Yonge:

DSC04639.jpg

It looks to be about 240ish metres currently? Almost side by side with 1 Bloor East
To finish the set of photos I took of The One yesterday, here is one from birthday dinner:
20240926_184707.jpeg

I would say the elevator core (currently the highest point of the building) appears to be between 245 and 250 metres now.

Back