Demolition work seems to have ceased on the site despite the majority of the buildings still standing. Is there any chance the scaffolding could be brought down prior to construction starting to free up the sidewalk space?
Naaah B

October 2015 (9).jpg
October 2015 (10).jpg

Attachments

• October 2015 (9).jpg
    October 2015 (9).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,469
  • October 2015 (10).jpg
    October 2015 (10).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,468
what's with the asphalt on Bloor street? did the city just rip up the granite pavers and replace it like that? horrible.

That's temporary, and the BIA did it. They went to install public art there, and then found pour conditions on the roof of the Hudson Bay Centre's basement which prevented the installation from occurring until the roof could be fixed. Why are Brookfield, the owners of the Hudson Bay Centre, taking this long to get it fixed? No idea.

good to see more of it coming down. I'm still a little confused on the order of demolition and why its taking so long however, why did they demolish the smaller building on the south end of the site first, and then wait a month before demolishing the rest?

Whenever it is, it's going to be amazing. This intersection will be so exciting when it's done.

But a shame that by the time that will have happened, this intersection will have had a history of lots remaining empty before substantial construction on them even begins. From Mizrahi's POV, I totally understand why the demolition of Stollery's was rushed, and why they're in no hurry to demolish the rest of the site, but I'm not a fan the lack of assurance over a distinct timeline on when things will get moving.
Even the billboards are empty, without any logos or signs of confidence over what will be built here (at least to passerbyers). I'm sure Mizrahi has a much clearer indication, but this corner in city will remain barren till then. Hopefully they'll give us back some of our sidewalks while we wait or build an 'Apple Store-of-a-presentation-centre-with-public-square' to entertain us :).

Back