Also, in light of the recent c19 and the effect on real estate can this project be delayed, modified or outright cancelled?

I personally think this ill conceived project's fate was sealed long before the catastrophic Covid-19 pandemic.

I personally think this ill conceived project's fate was sealed long before the catastrophic Covid-19 pandemic.
Why does everyone have a such dire outlook for this project? Im confident it will get built as its always been planned.

Didn't CIBC Square have the zoning in place years ago? Also it's a commercial project and basically has nothing in common with the One, but sure, keep hating Mizrahi.
Nonsense...one is well financed and 1st class professional the other is the exact opposite. I called this project out 18 months ago....nothings changed.

CIBC Square which is 3x this project started at the exact same same time.....enough said.

You are conveniently ignoring that:

- CIBC Square is a commercial building for one of the top 5 banks in the country while the other is a mixed use condominium.

- CIBC Square is developed by one of the biggest real estate developers in the country while the other is built by an upstart albeit an ambitious guy who had to dig into secondary markets for financing.

- CIBC Square is managed by EllisDon, the biggest or second biggest construction company in the province.

- The one is being built on a tiny lot at the one of the biggest pedestrian crossings in the city.

- The one has to dig and work around preserving a heritage building constraining an already tinny site.

- CIBC Square is essentially a standard structure, although the design and implementation are great, while the One is a special design requiring specialized equipment and methodology.

You can critique the One’s developer for the issues they are facing with permits or scheduling or seemingly trying to work around regulations but comparing the project to CIBC Square is outlandish.

You are conveniently ignoring that:

- CIBC Square is a commercial building for one of the top 5 banks in the country while the other is a mixed use condominium.

- CIBC Square is developed by one of the biggest real estate developers in the country while the other is built by an upstart albeit an ambitious guy who had to dig into secondary markets for financing.

- CIBC Square is managed by EllisDon, the biggest or second biggest construction company in the province.

- The one is being built on a tiny lot at the one of the biggest pedestrian crossings in the city.

- The one has to dig and work around preserving a heritage building constraining an already tinny site.

- CIBC Square is essentially a standard structure, although the design and implementation are great, while the One is a special design requiring specialized equipment and methodology.

You can critique the One’s developer for the issues they are facing with permits or scheduling or seemingly trying to work around regulations but comparing the project to CIBC Square is outlandish.
One is competent the other isn't. Just like I pointed out 18 months ago....if this was a stock I would have made a fortune shorting it ...maybe my greatest call.

I'm guessing the use of steel for the structure at CIBC Square also played a big part in the speed of construction. This building has some pretty intense formwork and concrete pouring so even with a bigger developer/experienced construction team this would still take some time, no?

Back