I passed by a few days ago and saw that Aquatech trailer. I think they're making sure the site doesn't turn into a lake, like "Lake Leaside". Although if it does, the Four Seasons across the street could always install dancing fountains with light and sound razzmatazz - our very own version of the Bellagio Fountain!

What are the implications of this for those whose Agreements to purchase have been “terminated”. Will they get any of their down paymentS back?

Thanks in advance.

All purchasers will get their deposits back. Downside to those original purchasers is that there are no interest payments on this principal and Pemberton will now be able to re-sell the units at a higher sale price.

Our volunteers asked the City to considering exchanging some of the Green-P underground-parking requirements for "make good" units of new Affordable-Housing back in the Fall... will be interesting to see if anyone at Pemberton is interested in that alternative...?

Isn't Pemberton a Good company that did create the U Condo on Bay st? Thats a nice effective looking condo development with a granite like podium look. Which is a rare thing these days for podiums.

Ask anyone living there, they'll beg to differ.

I don't know man... I have lived in the U for over 2 years and I thought Pemberton did a pretty good job... The issues (that I know of) related to:
1. the elevator, which apparently was Tyssenkrup's fault and their warranty repair was excruciatingly slow... and
2. the fountains outside on the sidewalk, which doesn't really impact the living inside the building, except for maybe as a minor eyesore when you happened to walk that way...
As far as I know, there have been no piping or electric issues, no leaks or major building problems that Pemberton was guilty of... other than a few routine issues that plague every development...

Prior to moving to the U, I looked for a new home for 3 years... and checked out almost every single proposed, under-construction and built condo in the city (with my most sincere appreciation to this forum!)... in the end, the lack of mullions on the floor to ceiling windows, the finishes in the lobby and exterior, and most importantly, properly thought out and laid out floorplan (at least for the 2B+1D unit I'm in) won the day for the U...

Back on topic: does anyone know if Pemberton will build this on the original design? Or will they do something entirely different? I'm assuming they wouldn't want to waste more time and money on going through the approval process again?

...and for the record, it is a BONKERS amount of Green-P replacement parking for a building that is (a) Downtown, and (b) a 2-minute / 160 M from a subway-interchange station at Yonge/Bloor...

Last edited:
E11FE2BD-639B-4EB8-939A-DEC879F76E91.jpeg

Last edited:

Back