IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1578.jpg
IMG_1585.jpg
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg

although i agree with you but a part of me says it doesnt matter, if you hire Norman Foster, KPF or SOM if developers are like Concord or Canderel, it's going to turn out bad. Pemberton has a bad rep.

although i agree with you but a part of me says it doesnt matter, if you hire Norman Foster, KPF or SOM if developers are like Concord or Canderel, it's going to turn out bad. Pemberton has a bad rep.
Pemberton built U Condos and they look great.

I used to like Pemberton. U condos were built like 6-7 years ago. I think Pembertons recent projects are bad.

I'm just saying that Pemberton are capable of doing good work when they want to, like Menkes, like Daniels, like Alterra, etc. etc. We get developers who pour money into some projects but don't in other cases. Here, it's a—A, whose exteriors are usually well detailed (like they were for Pemberton at U Condos), but ultimately it'll be impossible to know where this will end up comparatively until cladding is being applied to it years from now. Don't write things off too early.

i agree with u on that point. we should wait till they put on some facade. :)

I used to like Pemberton. U condos were built like 6-7 years ago. I think Pembertons recent projects are bad.

Agree. One need look no further than the rendering progression to see how they've taken what was a handsome design and turned it into something pedestrian. One can see a reduction in the quality of the facade too. The finished product is rarely nicer than the rendering and the rendering is worrying. I'll wait till some of it goes up but this will likely be as mind numbing as Concord Canada House and Sugar Wharf Phase 2.

Look at the 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER' renderings. It's a clear indication that they've significantly de-value engineered it. At least they're being honest which is more than I can say for a lot of renderings.

Last edited:
Pemberton built U Condos and they look great.

The street level townhouses too? Sadly the bar is so low we'd consider two towers with wrap around balconies "great". They also did cheapen out majorly on finishing there too (as someone who rented there for a bit)

The hope is that with this being their signature condo tower, with the name attached to it, they'd elevate that a bit.

Agree. One need look no further than the rendering progression to see how they've taken what was a handsome design and turned it into something pedestrian. One can see a reduction in the quality of the facade too. The finished product is rarely nicer than the rendering and the rendering is worrying. I'll wait till some of it goes up but this will likely be as mind numbing as Concord Canada House and Sugar Wharf Phase 2.

Look at the 'BEFORE' and 'AFTER' renderings. It's a clear indication that they've significantly de-value engineered it. At least they're being honest which is more than I can say for a lot of renderings.
Suggesting this will be as bad as Concord Canada house just due to some tweaks in the renders is incredibly pessimistic.

I loved the original tower design. It does appear that there have been some downgrades but the overall massing and form of the building remains incredibly similar, unlike Concord sky which totally changes major aspects of that tower.

I am going to wait until this gets going before passing harsh judgement. I'm optimistic though

Screenshot_20211003-172634_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-172713_Instagram.jpg

Back