I can think of two reasons why this might be so slow, though have no insider info.
One, high interest rates mean construction loans for future phases of construction might be desirably delayed.
Two, they (dev) is hoping they will have to give back funds held by unit holders, so they can resell when economic and market conditions are stronger.

Perhaps I am being too creative here, and its just sheer incompetency, but why would this site have more issues (putting aside ingress and egress) than next door, or any other site for that matter with a multiple tower build occurring?

I can think of two reasons why this might be so slow, though have no insider info.
One, high interest rates mean construction loans for future phases of construction might be desirably delayed.
Two, they (dev) is hoping they will have to give back funds held by unit holders, so they can resell when economic and market conditions are stronger.

Perhaps I am being too creative here, and its just sheer incompetency, but why would this site have more issues (putting aside ingress and egress) than next door, or any other site for that matter with a multiple tower build occurring?

One thing to note here is that the 'slow' is planned.

The construction staging permit shows they intend to be ready for above-grade sometime in October, and it appears to me they are on pace for that, but then take nearly 3 years to erect 42 stories or not far off a floor per month on average.

Then the best part of another 2 years for interior finishes which is equally slow and the two phases described would generally overlap in most builds....

They do have their new build permit lined up........

Last edited:

Back