Hopefully they're replacing the parking garage. Bonus if they replace the central building with a modern addition with restaurants and patios facing the quay.

It is. It makes me wonder with the trends of late as to how may of the parking spaces may be vacant. Might we hear next week that they have excess capacity for cars?

Like: the use of colour
Not so sure about: the massing, and the overall design of the tower. It felt like cramming in a building that is architecturally as distinguished as RCMI on a bad day with marginal separation from what's already there.

AoD

Last edited:
One would think City staff would know the basic courtesy of photo source references
I think it was put together by Quadrangle staff, not the city. And crediting a photo doesn't mean someone can disseminate it without permission/compensation.

they want to add more units to the existing building too, plus add some kind of piece of architect to the existing building + rooftop trees. Suspect to see some fierce opposition to this, but other then fact I'm going to lose my local vet I dont care.

Oh, wow...this looks great. Wasn't expecting this. Love the massing and design. Very euro and ties together what they've done so far. Precast; colour; not a glass tower. Yes, please. Love the green/living wall. I can see that getting cheapened/eliminated, however.

I like it as well. The colour is refreshing, and I'm happy with how much focus the put on preserving view corridors. The massing is a little weird... I feel like a taller more slender tower would keep this from looking bulky. Still good though

350 QUEENS QUAY W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for official plan amendment and zoning by-law amendment related to a new 29 storey mixed use building in place of the existing 3 storey building at 370 Queens Quay West, northerly 21 storey additions to existing mixed-use buildings at 350 and 390 Queens Quay West

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 16 116138 STE 20 OZ Feb 12, 2016 Under Review

Back