The X bracing isn't a detail just for the sake of a detail. It's part of the engineering upgrade required to add 38 new storeys atop an existing 17 storey building. That kind of thing doesn't happen every day, but all your total response seems to be disappointment that the building isn't wilder architecturally. If this were a totally brand-new build, I would likely be looking for something more adventurous, (but still showing tasteful restraint, that's just me), but as a reworking and expansion of an existing building I think it's a reasonable plan. Why not save your scorn for completely new builds where it's more obvious that the developers are cheaping out?

sir adding few details to the building does not change the shape of the building. a box remains a box even if I draw some flowers or cover it in some colorful wrapping sheet. Toronto need buildings of new shapes and designs. buildings should be more attractive. why look at many boxy looking buildings when you have boxes at home.

Boxes can't be attractive. TD centre is comparable to Waterpark Place III, right? Just boxes ;)

And we have a name change. It's now 'The Residences of 488 University Avenue'. I assume that the office portion will retain the address 480 University.

If I ever become a real estate developer, I am buying a property with an address like 44 or 4444 and building every single floor with the number 13 just to prove how useless it is to add 8s, skip 13s and subtract 4s everywhere. We need to get over all this tetraphobia and lucky number nonsense in the real estate world.

If I ever become a real estate developer, I am buying a property with an address like 44 or 4444 and building every single floor with the number 13 just to prove how useless it is to add 8s, skip 13s and subtract 4s everywhere. We need to get over all this tetraphobia and lucky number nonsense in the real estate world.

would anyone want to live at place with the address 666? lol

They're simply not aiming this building at that demographic. Many other buildings, complete, under construction, in marketing, and proposed in the core are, but none have been as honest about it as the Academy was.

Pace, core, dundas square gardens, 365 church, and now that new tridel building on church are all essentially student buildings. They just don't want people to know. I'm kind of doubtful that there are thousands upon thousands of students who can afford to pay $1,200 a month for a 1 bedroom though..

would anyone want to live at place with the address 666? lol

I am not a Christian, don't believe in God/Satan and will have absolutely no problem living at 666. Actually it sounds lucky in my culture ;)
First time I learnt 666 is bad luck was 4 years ago (about 666 Spadina ave).

There is a townhouse complex at 666 Constellation Drive in Mississauga, and they have never had any troublle selling...

Back