Reply to drum118;

That is quite a dramatic increase in height and size. This redevelopment will have a profound impact on the current area in terms of pedestrian and skyline presence. I regret not being able to attend the meeting tonight, but I thank you for your info and look forward to the photos.

Mod's new Title: The Icon (Joeeph Azouri, Amexun Development Corporation, 55's, Deni Poletti Core Architects)

Application to be file later this year for rezoning.

The top will be redesign to not match Four Season.
7308907912_d2d4f7df63_b.jpg

7308905290_32ce3f560c_b.jpg

7308901442_17e0ab8ac8_b.jpg

7308898210_7887784436_b.jpg

7308895636_c73a155dd4_b.jpg

The whole thing is a carbon copy of the Four Seasons! I thought there was an image mix-up at first.

Wow. I work for a tenant at 480. I really like working here. There's a decent gym on the top floor (free to all tenants), it's right in front of a subway entrance, and it's easy to bike to. There's a lot of law offices in here as well as my employer (who just leased and renovated most of another floor).

I don't have the sense that this building is run-down. The base isn't very friendly, but I like the look of the building overall.

I used to work at 1075 Bay, I thought that building would be a prime candidate for condo redevelopment.

The whole thing is a carbon copy of the Four Seasons! I thought there was an image mix-up at first.

No kidding as it was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw it. I said that before the meeting to the group and point out the real tell tail points. Thats is why they going back to make various changes so it will not look like Four Season to a point.

The based with a lace design, as well support is real nice and it was hard to get a good shot on the screen.

Wow. I work for a tenant at 480. I really like working here. There's a decent gym on the top floor (free to all tenants), it's right in front of a subway entrance, and it's easy to bike to. There's a lot of law offices in here as well as my employer (who just leased and renovated most of another floor).

I don't have the sense that this building is run-down. The base isn't very friendly, but I like the look of the building overall.

I used to work at 1075 Bay, I thought that building would be a prime candidate for condo redevelopment.

Under the new plan, that gym floor will remain for both the commercial, as well the condos. The current base is totally unfriendly.

Seriously. That's just shameless - and unimaginative. The existing building has a distinctive look. I'd love to see that concrete pattern remain - I would have thought it would provide a great opportunity for the extension to play off of it in interesting ways.

One day all downtowners are going to be covered in broken glass and blood, the way things are going around here with the cut rate chinese glass manufacturers and the ever increasing number of thoughtless glass boxes going up! jeesh, i mean 4 seasons looks great, but its also really expensive. If we build normally priced buildings like this, Im going to finally start wearing a bike helmet!

If The Conservatory Group can get away with a cut and paste job with crap like Infinity 1/2 and 3/4, I have no problem with a stunner like the Four Seasons replicated.

Back