Some construction unions are not working (as are most other companies) during this crisis. There is no ETA so, prudent builders have to send an unavoidable delay clause. Can anyone confirm that this project is actually in jeopardy or is it just one person's rumour spreading?

I can see a lot of those beautiful new office buildings we have in the pipeline being cancelled or scaled back too

Enough already with the speculation about doom and gloom (here and the other threads). Post only if you know something. Until we hear otherwise things are proceeding as always.

Every construction worker, electrician, plumber, trades-person should have the same rights as the rest of us to stay home and protect themselves and their families. No ones health should be sacrificed to capitalist greed. Buyers will just have to wait like the rest of the planet. We will need these valuable people to b uild our city once things pick up again with Toronto's perennial skilled trades crunch.

Every construction worker, electrician, plumber, trades-person should have the same rights as the rest of us to stay home and protect themselves and their families. No ones health should be sacrificed to capitalist greed. Buyers will just have to wait like the rest of the planet. We will need these valuable people to b uild our city once things pick up again with Toronto's perennial skilled trades crunch.

I agree. Why can’t they just shut it down? I can’t see anyone being upset for delays due to the circumstances. It shouldn’t be a prolonged delay.

Does anyone know why they dropped the maximum height from 184.5 m down to 180 m? I thought developers usually would propose increase in height rather than lower it. Anyone has the final drawings?

You're quite welcome! I'm not certain the mech. penthouse is accurately modeled, but it looks like the first 5 floors will barely clear the United Buildings roof. It'll be close...
Here is a zoomed-in screenshot:

Toronto Model 04-04-20 United Building.png

You're quite welcome! I'm not certain the mech. penthouse is accurately modeled, but it looks like the first 5 floors will barely clear the United Buildings roof. It'll be close...

View attachment 239542

Thanks Koops! Any updates on the building? I'm assuming the scheduled beginning of construction that was supposed to start in April is now delayed.

View attachment 239542

Koops65, I notice you have a new rendering of 481. Do you think you can share a view of the new drawing from the west elevation of 481 from the perspective of the 51st Floor of 488 (assuming that’s the first floor of clearing 481 as you have shown before)? Thanks!

Back