Better late than never

Here's Part 1 of 3 taken on August 2, 2021:

IMG_1129.jpg
IMG_1130.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_1133.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg

Small retail update for the ground floor (As always the source is here, verifying this is publicly available information)

The tenant named for the interior corner unit that was leased last month is the optical store Bailey Nelson. They have locations on Queen Street, Eaton Centre and the PATH, so nothing new, but good option in the immediate area for glasses and sunglasses.

Notably lots of ongoing negotiations about a bunch of units to be combined, hoping this doesn't lead to a sterile walking experience.

Fix Coffee + Bikes is to move in across from Quantum Coffee, it's an odd placement, but they do offer different service styles so they shouldn't clash too much. Also bike sales would be great for the area.

And finally, a big name from out of town is stepping into the Toronto pizza game! Prince St. Pizza which has locations in both LA and NY is getting a Toronto location on an outward facing unit here. I will note the previous owners were caught in some controversy, but they have since stepped down. This is the type of place that will likely attract many visitors based on how well they are reviewed in NY.

Overall I'm happy Riocan/Allied are going for a mix of local places and bringing in new places to the city as well.

1629000905754.png

Edit: Not too thrilled the Second floor is being deadened even more, the office space taking over two more units now kill the entire south side on the second floor, don't expect to see much foot traffic there...

1629002039404.png

Last edited:
I suspect I’m in the minority here, but I find this spandrel far less heinous now that it’s all installed and the balcony glass is in place. I think it’s because it’s a consistent and uniform pattern, maybe. D’unno… it’s enough to move me from actively angry to ambivalent.

(📷: @Red Mars)

View attachment 342264
I still think it’s pretty bad.

But what really gets me is, it looks like they could’ve added a row and column of bricks between the balcony and window and between the floors and it would’ve looked so much better.

I suspect I’m in the minority here, but I find this spandrel far less heinous now that it’s all installed and the balcony glass is in place. I think it’s because it’s a consistent and uniform pattern, maybe. D’unno… it’s enough to move me from actively angry to ambivalent.
I don't think you're in the minority in saying that. No...

Last edited:
The podiums on Wellington are by a different architect/developer though, right? Hopefully the quality will be a bit nicer at street level.

Back