It will be interesting to see which development ends up being cooler. MV or The well. I am quite unimpressed by the architecture of this project either than the base of the buildings, despite a lot of praise. I find it embarrassing to look at. I don't understand the excitement.
Gosh I truly love posts that essentially berate other users for liking or being excited for things. Fun times.

Also MV will 100% be the "cooler" project. It's in a trendier location to start, and has a greater focus on smaller local retail. But that doesn't mean this isn't a huge improvement for this area, or for the city as a whole. But maybe both things can be good in their own way? Or would you like the old car dealerships back?

Gosh I truly love posts that essentially berate other users for liking or being excited for things. Fun times.

Also MV will 100% be the "cooler" project. It's in a trendier location to start, and has a greater focus on smaller local retail. But that doesn't mean this isn't a huge improvement for this area, or for the city as a whole. But like, maybe both things can be good in their own way? Or would you like the old car dealerships back?
I was not intending to berate anyone. I don't know what you mean. I am just typing out loud how I don't see what others see in this, especially compared to other mixed-use developments. Certainly wasn't meant in a tone of being judgemental.

And to your second point, even if I didn't agree with you, even if I am making comparisons, why use that tone? Everyone is entitled to have a negative critique on a project.

Last edited:
330621C4-F773-472D-8D68-E35920E21293.jpeg

I was not intending to berate anyone. I don't know what you mean. I am just typing out loud how I don't see what others see in this, especially compared to other mixed-use developments. Certainly wasn't meant in a tone of being judgemental.

And to your second point, even if I didn't agree with you, even if I am making comparisons, why use that tone? Everyone is entitled to have a negative critique on a project.
I think it just comes off a bit disingenuous. There are pages and pages of people describing exactly why they are excited about this project and what makes it stand out, yet you mentioned not understanding the excitement. Dropping in this type of comment just kind of seems like you're trying to stand out for being different. At least that's my read. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course though.

Hi! Just wanted to say that occupancy of the furthest east Tridel building begins today. I had a chat with the leasing agent on the weekend so seems to be reliable. Things are progressing but can’t wait for the trees to be planted along the south side of Wellington as I think that will be transformative! And of course thank you to everyone who posts photos and insider tips.

It will be interesting to see which development ends up being cooler. MV or The well. I am quite unimpressed by the architecture of this project either than the base of the buildings, despite a lot of praise. I find it embarrassing to look at. I don't understand the excitement.

As others have noted, everyone here is indeed entitled to their opinion, so here's mine.

Calling one of the best large mixed-use developments on the continent (which has kept the lion's share of design promises made in its execution)... "embarrassing to look at".... is absurd and bewildering to read. IMO.

Guys, I feel we're getting off topic and.. was not meant to insult anyone at all. I have a strong opinion about it and I find the most of the architecture disappointing except for the bases of the towers and interiors. I simply don't think the office buildings look inviting from Spadina.

I hope the retail element of the project and marketplace can carve out a destination here, and prove me wrong for what I feel like it's lacking. cheers.

Last edited:
Since everyone's entitled to their opinion, here's mine: If you don't like it, you are free to put up your own money, buy your own land and build your own building.

RioCan/Allied/Trideal's development looks spectacular and it will be as iconic a destination in the west as the distillery is for the east.

Back