Thanks! And while I am glad that this end is fina
in opening up it is sad that I will have to share Draper Street Park with the hordes as it was quite secluded and peaceful before! Lol

First time I went to the well, loved it- but surprised at how dark a lot of it was.

Snapseed.jpeg
IMG_8784.jpeg
IMG_8785.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8986.png
    IMG_8986.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I went early on and it was slammed, overpriced, etc.

Has the hype and crowding died down? It's a nice space, but only enjoyable if it is not a 30 minute wait to get a $20 sandwich.

When the place is still busy 3 months after its opening, I’m not sure you can call it a hype. I agree that some of the offerings are overpriced, although I don’t think the merchants price their products any higher than at their other outlets (the ones that I frequent anyway, like Gus Tacos). I guess despite the constant chatters about inflation , people are still willing to spend money on eating out. Look at the recent restaurant openings on the higher end - Aera, Mott 32, Nobu etc - $70 for a glass of cocktail anyone?
It's servicing the demand:

1. All the people in 12 CityPlace towers have no food hall. The demographic is young people who cook less and socialize more -> food hall is a good fit with more choices, more affordable and more social than restaurants. 2 more towers in CityPlace with 1400 units with possession Q4 2024/Q1 2025
2. The Well residents of 1700 residential units
3. All the retail, office workers at the Well and King West for lunch time
4. King West area residents in the buildings near by, same demographics (shared with Waterworks for demand now)
5. West of Entertainment District, all the buildings between Peter and Spadina on King is a good catchment
6. Visitors coming to Toronto to shop, walk, explore the Well on the weekends + visitors from out of town, GTA, outside of ON etc.
7. People stopping by before after Entertainment events near by: Exhibition Place + Rogers Center + Theater District etc.

The math is mathing

Back