South view. 8.3.21

27217336-9DAA-4501-8639-4B7282DB2509.jpeg

The Well looks great but Minto Westside Condos is a dumpster fire.

It's worse when you see it up close, the white and grey panels were installed with minimal attention and many are lopsided, not aligned or uneven.
They start to show clear water streaking even after only 1-2 years this building has been open

Not sure if this was posted before but DimmyV's 4k drone video has some great shots of The Well in the first minute (bit earlier in construction).

DimmyV

The first few seconds also make a case for Minto Westside to only be viewed from above ;-).

Minto.jpg

Many of you will recall a discussion in this thread about the Wellington Street streetscape project and the need to coordinate it, so the north and south sides, and areas east and west of 'The Well' are done as one, cohesive project.

A report heading to next week's Infrastructure and Environment Ctte, mostly focusing on the fiasco that is the Wellington St East streetscape project, also addresses this western section.

Report link here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ie/bgrd/backgroundfile-170315.pdf

From said report:

1631029224849.png

1631029249609.png

1631029371637.png

1631029343397.png

1631029404966.png

My commentary:

The last sentence is incredibly annoying..............that review should have been done already, it doesn't take long, this report should provide the answers, not re-state the question.
Really what was asked that was the City coordinate all this work, we don't require an itemized review of what is coordinated and what is not; we require that it be coordinated. Sigh.

It's worse when you see it up close, the white and grey panels were installed with minimal attention and many are lopsided, not aligned or uneven.
They start to show clear water streaking even after only 1-2 years this building has been open

I haven't had the chance to see it up close, but oil canning wouldn't surprise me either.

Some more trees on the 'green' roof would've helped soften its harsh and vulgar design.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: neo

Back