Went to Lulu Bar this morning. Have never seen so many pedestrians on Wellington West! The bartenders on the second floor are super helpful and aware of UT. Had a good gossip with my nosh. Found out many of their customers are from the building above so the mixed use idea is working. One of them said this complex is like an extension of Liberty Village which I found intriguing as a clue as to who is gravitating here. Taken 21 January.

IMG_6280.jpeg
IMG_6281.jpeg
IMG_6282.jpeg
IMG_6283.jpeg
IMG_6286.jpeg
IMG_6287.jpeg
IMG_6288.jpeg
IMG_6289.jpeg
IMG_6284.jpeg
IMG_6285.jpeg
IMG_6290.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to Lulu Bar this morning. Have never seen so many pedestrians on Wellington West! The bartenders on the second floor are super helpful and aware of UT. Had a good gossip with my nosh. Found out many of their customers are from the building above so the mixed use idea is working. One of them said this complex is like an extension of Liberty Village which I found intriguing as a clue as to who is gravitating here. Taken 21 January.

View attachment 534421View attachment 534422View attachment 534423View attachment 534424View attachment 534425View attachment 534426View attachment 534427View attachment 534428View attachment 534429View attachment 534430View attachment 534431
Wow it's busier than I thought for something that has opened for 2 days!

Though less than half of the retail spaces have opened, I was surprised that many of the ones that are open look surprisingly unfinished, just products in a shell of a retail space provided to them with little to no interior finishing or improvements (walls not painted, bare concrete flooring, hanging florescent lighting, cheap/generic display shelves, lack of millwork, etc.). Design Republic is one of them as seen in the photos above (at least Structube made an effort to make their store look warm and inviting, and they are a budget furniture store).
Most of them are home furnishing and accessories stores. I can imagine that rent here is not cheap here, but many of the stores look and feel more like a temporary pop-up store, selling random mediocre products and knick-knacks, and I can’t see them surviving more than year here.

This article is almost polar opposite of the general consensus here. I'm pretty sure the article represents a minority though.
Lol I didn't even know the NOW brand still existed. I think there are definitely fair criticisms to make of the Well, but sad to see that collecting a bunch of TikTok reviews about the Well is somehow the level of "journalism" that the brand has sunk to.

This article is almost polar opposite of the general consensus here. I'm pretty sure the article represents a minority though.
I stopped reading here:
"some Toronto TikTokers have come forward saying they were disappointed by the space."

The whole thing is nothing but "someone on TikTok commented..."
The sad part is there could be some good criticism about it, but when you need to meet your quota of five 200-word articles per-day I guess you go with whatever you can find.

I stopped reading here:
"some Toronto TikTokers have come forward saying they were disappointed by the space."

The whole thing is nothing but "someone on TikTok commented..."
The sad part is there could be some good criticism about it, but when you need to meet your quota of five 200-word articles per-day I guess you go with whatever you can find.
Christ, media is in a bad place...

I'm not even from Toronto, but I find these TikTokers to be uninterestin'. I would love to have something like this in Texas. I mean some parts of Dallas do have Outdoor Malls, but not like how THe Well is built. Of course, openin' an outdoor mall in Canada during the middle of winter may not be the best idea, but I sure don't see anyone else complainin' about it.

The comments I see here in UT and on other forums, and other Websites such as Facebook, even Google Maps, and Instagram suggest that the good people in this community are excited about exploring the new venues and bars in the area, which is a win-win situation in my book.

In my honest opinion, it seems like there are two Karens who don't want to accept change in their city and are complainin’ about the littlest of things. Please call me out if I'm wrong. However, everyone else is amazed at how beautiful this project turned out to be, and I cannot blame them. This project is just aesthetically pleasin'!

Also, If you gon’ call the whole project a waste, Then why are y’all even there? The community is doin’ an outstandin’ job, with consumers who are supportin’ the local scene and are more likely doin’ even better without the outside noise from these 2 TikTokers naggin’ about nonsense.

Last edited:
I live in this neighbourhood and have seen proposals come and go for this site. I am anything but disappointed.

Perfect? No. But to call it a "waste" is just absurd.
Agreed 100% - as we see here on UT, there are no projects which everyone thinks are 'perfect' (though there are a few where most people here think they and/or their developers are crap!) and generally reasonable people can disagree on the design, colour, beauty etc.

Back