One floor of gold glass is up on the large protruding box. Damn, it looks good and will look even better when the black framing goes up.

Also, test glass has been installed on one balcony on the north-east facing facade. Looks sharp! This is going to be a beauty.

Kind of looks like a golden tumour growing out the side of the building.
"It is not a golden tumah."

30 August 2014: This is what I'm calling The Yorkville "blingwich"
ko11SUg.jpg

rRIPHU0.jpg

Iv72XFJ.jpg

mYxcFDj.jpg

yQBWZXW.jpg

kQjeZjh.jpg

2UEODq5.jpg

lWuggun.jpg

lkMJYrf.jpg

Vf3KQHx.jpg

IbFCLYW.jpg

Zro65ll.jpg

nWblrKb.jpg

That's a good question ... Im wondering if they wanted to go with a cheaper option ... Im not sure,... but I heard they switched engineered wood flooring for the interior finishes to laminate for all units. No wood floor any more

I can't say that I like the two tones of good glazing. That is awful if that is true about the change in flooring, darn builder.

It's not great but this tower still looking amazing, regardless of the what they decide to do with the units (i.e. the interior), though yes that would be unfortunate and one would think something a lawyer would be able to stipulate in the original contract, as laminate is much cheaper.

Sooooo… I'm at a Committee of Adjustment meeting (still here) and Rudy Wallman sits down beside me. After confirming what he's here for, I ask "What's up with the two-tone gold at The Yorkville?" He says, "Ah, that's an installation error. They just have to pop the darker windows out and reverse them. It looks terrible now. It looks like leprosy!"

So, all of us, the architect, the developer, the purchasers, should all be much happier soon.

Last edited:

Back