Photos taken May 28, 2022:

DSC07727.JPG

DSC07728.JPG

DSC07729.JPG
DSC07730.JPG
DSC07731.JPG

DSC07732.JPG

So many crappy, unsightly aluminum panels going up in the city right now and a lot more to come with the new TGS regs.

My dream is that all developers would use panels like those at River City, but they are a premium because the panel has a bit of structure to keep it from oil-canning. But the results there are so satisfying by comparison to 90% of the aluminum panel cladding we see in this city.

It's a shame since the brick was so promising. Although, while it's a low bar, I think this is still better than spandrel. Tough to say just yet, the cladding does have a bit of a suburban industrial park vibe to it.

It's a shame since the brick was so promising. Although, while it's a low bar, I think this is still better than spandrel. Tough to say just yet, the cladding does have a bit of a suburban industrial park vibe to it.
I was thinking the same thing. But hopefully the brick goes high up enough that the average pedestrian will not notice the White panels.

Front Page story for UT is here:

The above makes good use of @Red Mars photos a couple of posts up and throws some explainers in for anyone unfamiliar with what they may be looking at.......

Back