The north podium is also just incredibly large. Sixteen or seventeen stories, stretching the entire length of the block. They would have to throw a ton of resources at it to get it done quickly, and I guess they have decided to prioritize the "smaller" (LOL, they're huge too!) towers on the south end.

Jan 29, 2022

20220129_150936.jpg
20220129_154147.jpg
20220129_160554.jpg

20220130_145254.jpg

Last edited:
They are out there working on the north podium every day. They put up another floor every couple of weeks. It's just so massive that 20 guys can be working, and it will just be on one tiny corner of the whole podium. I think they have about 6 more floors to go on the podium.

I believe they just finished the 10-storey or so parking garage podium, so the floorplate does shrink a lot now as an interior courtyard will open up atop the parking area, with the residential podium portion extending up another couple of floors.

Not sure if this is for T & S - could be a crane to hoist something to roof of the TCHC building on the west side of Lower Sherbourne.

LOWER SHERBOURNE ST From FRONT ST E To THE ESPLANADE

Toronto-TMC: Full road closure for Crane hoisting

Closure Type:Construction (Planned)

Time Frame Daily

Until:Feb 6, 2022

Hours:09:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Impact:Moderate

Road Class:Minor Arterial

District:Toronto and East York

Contractor:Mammoet Canada Eastern Ltd

ID:R142245

I'm not sure what exactly a "construction crew" entails, but there are probably around 20 people working on the north podium this morning, and both cranes going.

Not sure if this is for T & S - could be a crane to hoist something to roof of the TCHC building on the west side of Lower Sherbourne.

LOWER SHERBOURNE ST From FRONT ST E To THE ESPLANADE

Toronto-TMC: Full road closure for Crane hoisting

Closure Type:Construction (Planned)

Time Frame Daily

Until:Feb 6, 2022

Hours:09:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Impact:Moderate

Road Class:Minor Arterial

District:Toronto and East York

Contractor:Mammoet Canada Eastern Ltd

ID:R142245
I think the crane for the SW tower will be dismantled this Saturday.

I can't really see what's going on from my vantage point. There's a flatbed truck with a large box that the toddler (home from daycare due to runny nose) believes contains a beanbag chair.

I can't really see what's going on from my vantage point. There's a flatbed truck with a large box that the toddler (home from daycare due to runny nose) believes contains a beanbag chair.
They are setting up the large crane to remove the one on the SW 'tower".

They are out there working on the north podium every day. They put up another floor every couple of weeks. It's just so massive that 20 guys can be working, and it will just be on one tiny corner of the whole podium. I think they have about 6 more floors to go on the podium.
I will be back there soon and take pics

Back