T&S always had more of a dense waterfront resort feel to me. The outdoor spaces, infinity pool, cabanas remind me of an all inclusive. Not everyone's cup of tea for this area. I get it. Some of the comparisons are a bit crass, tbh. It may stick out as bulky now. But the multitude.of towers that will go up around the Corktown subway station and along front will make it less so in the years to come. I've also spoken to the waterfront BIA. And the density of the area will trigger many more businesses to open nearby and along the waterfront. So I also appreciate the density that's coming to the area along with the traditional character of historic buildings that are intermixed. I don't think anyone's mind is going to be changed with the final finishes. And it's not going to win any awards for design. But it's here to stay. There are more than a few of us who will be happy to call it home and will be shopping and dining locally with you.

I think most of us here have said that we're happy to house many new neighbours, and inviting all those people into the neighbourhood is a good thing. But it's just a huge structure that doesn't break up the block at all and have places that people on foot can pass through.

Of course, that's true of a few of the existing older structures on the Esplanade too...

T&S always had more of a dense waterfront resort feel to me. The outdoor spaces, infinity pool, cabanas remind me of an all inclusive. Not everyone's cup of tea for this area. I get it. Some of the comparisons are a bit crass, tbh. It may stick out as bulky now. But the multitude.of towers that will go up around the Corktown subway station and along front will make it less so in the years to come. I've also spoken to the waterfront BIA. And the density of the area will trigger many more businesses to open nearby and along the waterfront. So I also appreciate the density that's coming to the area along with the traditional character of historic buildings that are intermixed. I don't think anyone's mind is going to be changed with the final finishes. And it's not going to win any awards for design. But it's here to stay. There are more than a few of us who will be happy to call it home and will be shopping and dining locally with you.
Well said

Taken May 30

20230530_143926.jpg

20230530_141943.jpg

20230530_155819.jpg
20230530_143930.jpg

The top photo is SO depressing - also interesting to see that the "Port-a-Potty Explosion' mess on the west side shows no signs of getting washed off or weathering.
Indeed. I get "give me Michael Wolf but make it shit" vibes (no insult to your photography, @mburrrrr, just the subject matter!)...

Intersection closed for 3 days.​

Front St E at Princess St​

Id:R6768981
Closure
Type:Hazard
Time Frame:Continuous
Until:June 11, 2023
Hours:7:00 pm to 11:00 pm

Description:Toronto-TMC:

The intersection is occupied in order to remove tower cranes.
Sherbourne is closed at Front today, but it seems to be to lift the excavators out of the Whitfield pit. I haven't seen any signs of a closure of Front at Princess.

Back